deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: THB Omen Common Cycle Discussion  (Letto 411 volte)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
THB Omen Common Cycle Discussion
« il: Gennaio 04, 2020, 08:02:37 pm »
Is it just me, or is the omen cycle in Theros: Beyond Death extremely strong, especially for the common slot?
  • First, they all have flash, which allows them to be reactive (something very necessary for competitive play).
  • They fill both a 2 and 3 drop slot, which is very powerful in its own right.
  • Also, the escape mechanic of this set requires fodder in the graveyard, which these obviously fulfill.
Omen of the Sea: It provides extremely good card selection for 2 mana, and I think will be a staple in any instant speed/control deck.
Omen of the Forge: Probably the most balanced of the 3 we've seen so far, but (for a common) it is extremely good. It's on the level of Lightning Strike, but I think the 1 damage decrease is worth the scry.
Omen of the Sun: I think this one is the most underrated. 3 mana for 2 1/1s and a little incidental life gain is strong, and it has strong synergy with Heliod, Sun-Crowned. Also see Starfield Mystic. In fact, I'm probably going to build a mono white Standard deck with some of these cards.

What do you people with more experience think?

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: THB Omen Common Cycle Discussion
« Risposta #1 il: Gennaio 04, 2020, 08:09:56 pm »
They remind me a little bit of the trials and cartouches from Amonkhet, but these seem actually alright rather than just cute.

They all seem very playable in limited. The fact that they have flash and relevant types (enchantment matters in this set) really sets them apart and they'll likely see standard play too. Which ones are most prevalent will likely depend on which gods are. Being able to increase devotion at instant speed seems like it could be very relevant.

MonteTribal

• Decks
Re: THB Omen Common Cycle Discussion
« Risposta #2 il: Gennaio 09, 2020, 11:14:28 pm »
They are pretty solid cards. All will be very playable in limited, maybe some in constructed depending on how the format goes.

Blue and red seem the best so far.

Blue can dig 5 cards deep! And is a 2 mana instant speed Preordain

Red has unconditional damage, which is always good. But the scry is probably strongest in red, where you can help yourself draw more gas when you are empty handed in the mid game.

White is nice because it is 2 bodies at instant speed. I think it would be bad without the life gain though, and 3 mana makes it a little worse than the others

Black is neat. Getting to choose your creature and at only 1 mana at instant speed makes this a really good version of Disentomb. This is usually a sorcery speed effect, or conditional on the creature you can get.

I wonder what Green will be? Probably 3 mana Rampant Growth or 2 mana Giant Growth again. But 2 mana Giant Growth + scry utility seems okay.