deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH] Animar's Dragons  (Read 283 times)

grauliuswhubreg

• Decks
[EDH] Animar's Dragons
« on: October 31, 2019, 11:30:19 pm »
Hi

I made this deck and I'd like some tips to make it better or eve competitive if possible (if not, I accept it as casual)
The main idea is to make a temur dragons deck. I choose Animar as commander not for its classical deck, but 'cos it has low mana cost and can help to put the dragons onto battlefield faster.
The first question is: should I use burns and counters? if the answer is yes, is the cards I'm using proper?
Second question: what draws should I use?
Which other tips and sugestions you may give, should I replace some cards?

https://deckstats.net/decks/5816/313182-animar-s-dragons/pt#show__stats
"I'm not the kind of person
you think I am
I'm not the antichrist or the ironman"

Gets Me Through - Ozzy Osbourne

matthewac95

• Decks
Re: [EDH] Animar's Dragons
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 01:02:03 pm »
Yeah it seems like your biggest weakness is your removal. I would also maybe invest some card slots to protecting the commander since some of your cards seem pretty pointless without him out (Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, etc).

Lightning Bolt, Magma Jet, and Spell Shrivel are all not what you want to be doing in this deck imo. For creature removal you can look into Reality Shift, Pongify, and Rapid Hybridization. Obviously Beast Within always deserves a mention as everything removal. It's very important to have artifact and enchantment removal too, Krosan Grip, Return to Nature, Nature's Claim are some options off the top of my head. Reclamation Sage is a creature that does the job too.

For counterspells, yeah you can run them if you want, they're the only things that can stop some annoying ETBs or non permanent spells. I wouldn't run Spell Shrivel though, some you might consider are Mystic Snake, Frilled Mystic, Disallow, Voidslime, Swan Song, and even just straight-up Counterspell. Disallow and Voidslime can counter anything, even activated abilities and cast triggers which normally can't be interacted with.

BTW I love the little interaction Ancestral Statue has with Animar, it's cool how it's useful to put infinite counters on it and it also can just randomly win if you have Impact Tremors & friends and they don't have a counterspell or instant speed removal.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 01:08:52 pm by matthewac95 »

grauliuswhubreg

• Decks
Re: [EDH] Animar's Dragons
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 04:56:28 pm »
matthewac95, I understood your point, but I don't have enough slot to add some removals, so what cards should I remove from the deck?
"I'm not the kind of person
you think I am
I'm not the antichrist or the ironman"

Gets Me Through - Ozzy Osbourne