deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Can’t Decide Colors  (Lu 1489 fois)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Can’t Decide Colors
« Réponse #15 le: Décembre 07, 2019, 01:49:25 am »
Bahaha I'm messing with you belwas. Thanks though.

Here are some of my favorites blue cantrips:
Brainstorm
Ponder
Preordain
Opt
Serum Visions

Payoff/Support Cards I like:
Young Pyromancer
Goblin Electromancer
Guttersnipe
Crackling Drake

Just some ideas. None should absolutely break the bank, so lemme know what you think.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Réponse #16 le: Décembre 07, 2019, 03:01:46 pm »
Under that payoff category, I would also put hypersonic dragon. It is a pretty great card. You don't realize how powerful casting sorceries at instant speed is until you do it. It makes Mystic Denial. Just kidding, it is technically an instant, despite the card saying sorcery, I forget exactly why, I don't think that set had instants, but regardless, Hypersonic Dragon is still amazing. Oh and probably mystical tutor. I know there are probably a million and one cards that could go in that category, but I feel like those two are top tier and on the same level as the ones you listed.

Also something that wasn't mentioned (or maybe it was, I forget) is that Izzet (blue red) is decent with artifacts. They aren't so much good as a color combination, except cards like Saheeli, the gifted, but both red and blue like artifacts You get to play cards like madcap experiment alongside arcum dagsson, who wouldn't want to do that?
« Modifié: Décembre 07, 2019, 03:04:26 pm par Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

elmmonkey

• Decks
« Réponse #17 le: Décembre 07, 2019, 03:13:48 pm »
I think the blue cantrips deck seems cool. What are some good creatures to put in that deck? I was thinking of adding green for ramp and/or big dudes, is that viable?

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Réponse #18 le: Décembre 07, 2019, 03:32:35 pm »
I think the blue cantrips deck seems cool. What are some good creatures to put in that deck? I was thinking of adding green for ramp and/or big dudes, is that viable?

It is viable if that's something you want to do, but it's not necessary. It just depends on what you want from the deck.

Izzet spell slinger decks tend to have a low average CMC and tend to not have a need for big creatures. Things like Crackling Drake can get pretty big by themselves.

On that note, some of the most common creatures to feature in these sorts of decks are things like:

Young Pyromancer
Guttersnipe
Goblin Electromancer
Crackling Drake (there is another very similar drake to this but I've forgotten it's name)
Arclight Phoenix
Hypersonic Dragon
Talrand, Sky Summoner

As well as that, if you want some bigger creatures you can include any of the Niv-Mizzets at the top end. And if you're worried about ramp, there are some great one shot options like seething song and desperate ritual that both ramp you and count towards your spell slinging too. In the right deck, these options are probably better.

For example, you could go turn 2 Young Pyromancer, turn 3 Guttersnipe then turn 4 seething song into Niv-Mizzet while also getting Young Pyromancer and Guttersnipe triggers.

Beware though, Seething song is banned in modern. I know you say your playing casually so this may or may not be a factor for your playgroup. In my experience, casual metas aren't too bothered about playing banned cards that aren't surrounded by the best support, but something to keep in mind.

TempestGuy

• Decks
« Réponse #19 le: Décembre 07, 2019, 06:08:37 pm »
Enigma Drake is the other drake similar to Crackling Drake.
Boi I hope I don't die in a nuclear fallout today

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Réponse #20 le: Décembre 07, 2019, 06:17:03 pm »

That's the boy. Thanks man

elmmonkey

• Decks
« Réponse #21 le: Décembre 07, 2019, 06:33:36 pm »
Btw CleanBelwas I considered Ashnod’s Altar and I have to tell you something… I don’t like it.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Réponse #22 le: Décembre 07, 2019, 06:50:09 pm »
Btw CleanBelwas I considered Ashnod’s Altar and I have to tell you something… I don’t like it.

It's fine. Most people don't like it to start with. It's like buying dinner at a petrol station. It seems so wrong, and then you try it and you wonder how you ever got by without it. Killing your own creatures seems like madness. But, just think of all that lovely extra mana. More spells to cast. Who needs creatures when you have 2 colourless mana? Not me, that's for sure.

For real though in a spellslinger 60 card deck it's definitely not the right choice. I play EDH mostly and it's sick in that format.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Réponse #23 le: Décembre 07, 2019, 08:15:51 pm »
« Modifié: Décembre 07, 2019, 08:19:26 pm par MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Réponse #24 le: Décembre 07, 2019, 08:18:51 pm »

That's the boy. Thanks man
The third "drake" is Spellheart Chimera ;)

How did I forget this lad. He's in my own izzet slinger deck. The trample is so often relevant. Great shout!