deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Das Gitfrog, Ja? - Comments  (Read 164 times)

Comment Bot

Das Gitfrog, Ja? - Comments
« on: December 14, 2019, 06:47:47 pm »
Das Gitfrog, Ja?

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

luckofthedrew

• Decks
Re: Das Gitfrog, Ja? - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 06:47:47 pm »
So, most Gitrog decks are designed to combo off, in my recollection. This appears to be using the frog for value to fuel basically a midrange strategy. If you want to do that, that's great, but it lacks a little bit of the complexity Gitrog is famous for. I think you know what I'd do if it were me building it.

On a more granular level:

-figure something else out besides underworld connections. I think that's a nonbo in a land-saccing deck.
-Worm Harvest and Paetor's Council don't like each other.
-I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I don't like Overwhelming Stampede in this. I think I'd rather see something like Primal Rage.
-I like Nissa in this. Animating lands can be risky, which is why I don't do it. But animating lands in a deck that can easily recur them if anything should befall them, that's pretty gangster.
-I also really like Titania. I'd love to see a line where you have her out on a board where all your lands are mans and someone drops a boardwipe, getting you an army of elementals. And then you just play them all back out again.
-I suppose you don't have it, but I don't think Avenger of Zendikar is optional in this thing.
-Dakmor Salvage is also not optional, so I'm pleased to see it here. Silly question: are you just going to draw your deck or do you have a plan for what happens when you draw your whole deck?
-Get an Abundance. It's strong magic and perfect for this deck.
-I don't super love Mazirek.
-Cut Mazirek and use the slot for removal and wipes. Nine slots for that is less than half of what the deckbuilding template calls for.