deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Pls Help me to make this deck a little bit faster :) - Comments  (Read 301 times)

Comment Bot

Pls Help me to make this deck a little bit faster :) - Comments
« on: February 01, 2020, 12:37:27 pm »
Pls Help me to make this deck a little bit faster :)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

urza.exe

• Decks
Re: Pls Help me to make this deck a little bit faster :) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 12:37:27 pm »
try to lower the mana curve, also try some mana doublers like Heratbeat of springs  or zhur-taa Ancient

plainretard

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 03:16:00 pm »
Mana seems to be a small issue, you play a lot of big spells. Gilded lotus would be a good addition, you've got quite a lot double or triple colored mana costs. Signets? artifact ramp in general to have a good distribution of sources. Dorks seem to be quite hard to play however.

Card draw is on a backfoot. Harmonize, Benefactors Draught, Browbeat, Colossal Might, Generous Patron, Hunter's InsightRipjaw Raptor (is not goind to draw you cards, but might be a good addition), Skullclamp, Sad Robot Boy, Soul's Majesty, Sylvan library, Vraska, Golgari Queen,...
but not all of them : ) Pick what u fancy or find sth alike. Its quite a bad feeling sitting on a commander table with empty hands.

Also, if you're giving your opponents small tokens like that, more effects like revenge of the ravens may be politically easier to play than when the creatures that you make ETB hurt the opponents. If they attack you it's their fault, else you hurt them with your tokens. Effect like... briar patch, hissing miasma. Ok, hard to do... Koskun Falls? Crawlspace?
The curses also seem like a nice tool to control attack flow. Arachnogenesis?

Does faster mean more explosive?
Dinosaur Stampede, Mercadia's Downfall, Mightstone, Pursure Glory, Rally the forces, Stampede, Trumpet Blast, Strength in numbers, Warmonger Hellkite, ...

Avatar of the Slaughter seems like a sweet card at first, however i have seen it doing a lot of work against it's controller as well.
Its quite expensive and ends games not always favorably if they may attack you.

Generally you are playing only 23 Creatures. In a combat heavy commander round this might not cut it. You do run some effects that destroy creatures that attack you. Your airspace seems to be open most of the time. Creatures you control will die, you are running no protection. Heroic Intervention, Darksteel Plate, Hexproof boots?
You have some enchantments in your deck, that are situational. Cindervines, Tombstone Stairwell (Paying 4 on second turn?), Trove of Temptation.

With token creation i think you have to play some games and look if it is enough and if you can cut some of the effects.
Using more card draw and artifact ramp you probably can go down 3 to 4 lands.
If your are running that few creatures, you would want to protect them.
Faith is great and all, however politics can do also a great deal towards opponents not attacking you. And i think for that it would be favorable to not poke them in the eye for each creature they do or get ETB'd.

Cards i would overthink: Avatar of Slaughter, Blood Seeker, Pharika, Rampaging Ferocidon, Syr Konrad, Cindervines, Last Laugh (Symmetrical), Tombstone Stairwell, Trespasser's Curse, Trove of Temptation, Ob Nixilis (sticking long enough? Encourages attacks on him.)

Otherwise, see how it plays. I think it is a bit depending on other games of the meta. Do they play a lot of creatures, big value creatures or tokenesque decks? Are they spellbased and you need a way to answer this with some aggression? (Although it might not seem like a favorable matchup, if their creatures are running into more beefy walls of creature value, it could still play out well)

disclaimer: Some of the cards mentioned are quite expensive, so you might not want to add mightstone unless you "Revel in Riches" (Worthy addition?)

YourNeighborhoodGhost

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 07:16:32 pm »
thank you for your great suggestions guys, totally forgot about signets, now added them. For Draw/Advantage i added Return of the Wildspeaker, Harmonize and Grenzo, Havoc Raiser.

Yeah really needed some protection so i got Lightning Greaves and Journey to Eternity // Atzal, Cave of Eternity.

I really dont want to cut Pharika because of this instant speed deathtouch blocker for me or an opponent, tombstone stairwell works really well with Blood Seeker, Rampaging Ferocidon, Syr Konrad, the Grim etc.

i already updated the deck if you want to have a second look.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:23:40 pm by YourNeighborhoodGhost »