deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Current Angels  (Leído 312 veces)

todell725

• Decks
Current Angels
« en: Febrero 19, 2020, 11:22:19 pm »
Current Angels

this is how my current angels deck sits, the maybe board is cards id like to incorporate but not sure which ones to remove yet, could someone critque and help me out?

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Current Angels
« Respuesta #1 en: Febrero 20, 2020, 12:17:32 am »
The first thing I would do is fix your mana base.  You have very little actual ramp.  Only 3 or 4 cards.  You also have a bit too many lands.  With adequate ramp, you should only need 34 or 35 lands.

I would cut:
Blossoming Sands
Evolving Wilds
Tranquil Expanse

All of these lands enter the battlefield tapped.  When you add in things like Cultivate and Kodama's Reach, that will allow you to fix your colors.

I would also cut Mobilized District.  With all of these angels, I'm not sure why you want a 3/3 man land.

I would then cut:
Expedition Map
Prophetic Prism
Traveler's Amulet
Caravan Vigil
Open the Gates

None of these are actual ramp.  They put lands into your hand, but not on the battlefield.  They don't put you ahead on mana.

I would also cut Market Festival.  It's not bad.  But you have others that do the same thing at a lower mana cost.  Market Festival is 4 mana.  You like your ramp to be cheaper.  Plus, I'm not a fan of a lot of land auras as ramp.  Those lands quickly become Strip Mine targets.  You've got a fairly high mana curve, so you don't want your lands to get blown up.  I would recommend cutting all your aura ramp.  But I'll leave that to your call.

I would also cut Landbind Ritual.  Lifegain is ok if you've got the slots.  But when your looking for slots to advance your deck's theme, lifegain is the first to go.

I've suggested 11 cuts.  Now here is what I would add in:

Command Tower
Cultivate
Farseek
Kodama's Reach
Sol Ring

These are all from your list.  Beyond this, I'm going to suggest some other low CMC ramp spells.  Like Llanowar Elves, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Fellwar Stone, Selesnya Signet, Birds of Paradise, Talisman of Unity, Mind Stone.  Pick and choose any of those.  You want to have 6 to 10 pieces of ramp in your deck.  Actual ramp.  Not "draw a land".  Since angels have high CMC, I would suggest more like 10.  Even 11 or 12 ramp cards would be good.

Finally, I would then skew your basic lands toward green.  All your early plays (ramp) are in green.  You'll want to be able to cast them early.  A lot of your ramp will be able to either produce white, or fetch plains.  You currently have 20 plains and 12 forest.  I would flip those.

Once you adjust your mana base, you'll actually be able to play anything you draw.  Then you can adjust your deck from what is playing well and what isn't.

Happy Brewing!
:)

todell725

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Febrero 20, 2020, 12:54:10 am »
thanks for the help, i will definitely work these into my deck.

i also forgot to put in my maybe board enlightened tutor which would allow me to search for an artifact

the major ones i want to put in my deck are
Avacyn angel of hope - to give everything industructable
cryptic gateway- to tap 2 angels to play an angel from my hand without the mana cost
karoo- to bounce a plains back to my hand to pair with Emeria Shepherd landfall to bring an angel from the grave to play
resplendent angel or angelic accord these 2 creates angel tokens which i can then tap with cryptic gateway to play an angel from my hand without paying the mana cost

I will also be removing the following as i feel they dont do enough besides being an angel
Seraph of the Masses
Dawning Angel - still totally undecided as has lifegain
Seraph of Dawn
Shepherd of the Lost
Serra Angel - will replace with Serra's Guardian as this one gives vigilance
and possibly Aegis Angel depending on which print of Avacyn i get
and Sephara, Sky's Blade as its redundant with Avacyn
« Última modificación: Febrero 20, 2020, 01:32:56 am por todell725 »

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Febrero 20, 2020, 05:05:30 am »
I would cut Kor Cartographer. With access to green, there's no reason to run a bear stapled to a Rampant Growth. Also, why would you cut Sephara? Most of your creatures have flying and you're not running a single tutor to help find Avacyn. It's pretty unlikely you'll draw her, most games.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.