deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Admiral Beckett Brass's Crew  (Read 674 times)

storrent

• Decks
Admiral Beckett Brass's Crew
« on: March 08, 2020, 06:35:57 am »
Admiral Beckett Brass's Crew

Ahoy, mainlander! My name be Admiral Beckett Brass and I be stoppin' ashore to rest me legs. While ye here, though, let me introduce ye to me crew!

Me first mate be Angrath, Minotaur Pirate! He may be a little hot-headed, but he be quite the boarder! I mostly be usin' his -3 to bring back me crew from their untimely demise.

I be outsourcin' me crew from fleets from all over! Dire Fleet Hoarder, Storm Fleet Sprinter, Fathom Fleet Captain, and a bunch o' ragtag seafarers wantin' to make themselves a doubloon or two.

Speakin' o' doubloons, at the end of each match, I hope to have enough treasure to Revel in Riches and claim victory for meself!

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Admiral Beckett Brass's Crew
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 08:31:30 am »
Ahoy captain!

Deck looks super fun. I have an ABB pirate deck myself and I love it. So much fun and flavour.

I gotta say though, 23 lands seems super low, especially in a deck with the average cmc of over 3. I've got a Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain deck with an average cmc of under 1.5 and I'm still running 31 lands.

Other than that, you've got all the important pirates as far as I can see. Depending on how pure you're looking to keep the deck, Changeling Outcast could be a really strong include. Technically a pirate, unblockable, 1cmc so keeps the curve down. Also things like sleep and tempest caller can do a lot of work in this deck.

Might be nice includes if you're willing to bend on the theme slightly. Totally get it if that's not what you want to do though. I first built this deck with all these effective, synchronous cards then took them all out to go full pirate. Sometimes that's just more fun.

Whatever you decide though, I hope you have as much fun with your pirates as I do with mine.

storrent

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 05:39:12 pm »
Thanks upon thanks for ye feedback, lubber!
The reason fer me runnin' so few lands an' rocks be that I find it hard to let go of members of me crew in favor of 'em. I be makin cuts soon for those that be underperformin', though. Be seein' ya on the high seas!

storrent

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 05:43:47 pm »

Revision 5

Added/removed cards:
-1 Headstrong Brute
-1 Sea Legs
-1 Timestream Navigator

Changed amounts:
+1 Island
+1 Mountain
+1 Swamp

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 06:06:06 pm »
Aye Cap'n.

Choosin' who should walk the plank is a tough choice to be sure.

May a strong wind guide ye.

storrent

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 09:37:36 pm »
Read what the Monarch was. Don't like it.

Revision 6

Added/removed cards:
-1 Keeper of Keys
+1 Pitiless Plunderer

storrent

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 03:11:07 am »

storrent

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 03:28:02 am »