deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Sample Hand feature shows cards from old versions of my deck  (Lida 854 vezes)

Grins

• Decks
Sample Hand feature shows cards from old versions of my deck
« em: Março 12, 2020, 09:28:46 pm »
When i go to "Sample Hand" it will show cards that used to be in the deck, but are not currently so.
After some button clicking I'm also pretty sure newly added cards don't show up.
Common problem?

I've tried to open the deck after closing it, and it's been some time since I last saved it.
« Última modificação: Março 12, 2020, 09:33:26 pm por Captain_Smirk »

Nils

• Decks
Re: Sample Hand feature shows cards from old versions of my deck
« Responder #1 em: Março 13, 2020, 07:45:58 pm »
That sounds strange. Can you send me a link to the deck please? And tell me which cards show up that shouldn't show up anymore?

Grins

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Março 14, 2020, 12:15:16 am »
Deck link: https://deckstats.net/decks/149134/1538682-auntie-wort/en
Shown in hand: Eldrazi Monument for sure, just checked again.
Pretty sure doesn't show up: Ancient Tomb.

Also, as i just went to check this, generating some hands, the website had to reload, and afterward when I went back to the overview section of the deck, it also was an older version, with the old deck description and everything. After I clicked on my account button and went to the saved deck again, it did show the current version again.  I'm quite puzzled.

Grins

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Março 14, 2020, 12:40:12 am »
I think I may have been wrong, the card does show up at first. At least it does now, kinda. This is what happens:
I open the deck, go to make hand, it all works fine until the browser crashes(? I'm not a very technical person, my ipad just tells me the site had to be realoaded because problems) and it then loads the old version. At least I think, bc:
-cards from new version of the deck no longer show up, cards from old versions do.
-the cards in the deck are no longer from the sets I later changed them to.
-my precious 1 star is gone
-if I then go to overview, it shows an old version.

When I then go to all my decks and open this one again it's back to its current version.
I've done that little loop a couple more times to be sure, and I think thats pretty much it.
« Última modificação: Março 14, 2020, 01:24:04 am por Captain_Smirk »

Nils

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Março 14, 2020, 12:55:38 am »
That sounds really odd. I suspect it has an old copy of your deck page saved in the browser cache, and for some reason it returns to that when your browser crashes.

But that only raises two new questions - why does it not realize the page is outdated and why does your browser crash to begin with?

Could you maybe send me a few screenshots to help figure this out? One with the version you see when you go through your decks, one when you get the message about reloading the page and then one with the old version you get?

Maybe I can see something on there.

Grins

• Decks
Re: Sample Hand feature shows cards from old versions of my deckd
« Responder #5 em: Março 14, 2020, 01:06:29 am »
Well to be honest my ipad sometimes does this (edit: the browser crashing part, although not quite so consistently) on other parts of this site, and some other sites like youtube as well. From what I could see I pretty much described all I could see. But sure I could make some snapshots no problem.

In the middle one it says "this website is reloaded because of a problem"

You can see here that basics change, and my star is gone :(

The part where the overview also changes to the old version i cannot recreate consistently.
Cards that will start showing up: Eldrazi Monument, Expedition Map
« Última modificação: Março 14, 2020, 01:52:43 am por Captain_Smirk »

Nils

• Decks
« Responder #6 em: Março 16, 2020, 11:16:51 am »
Hmm, it does look like this is more likely to be a problem with your device than with the website. Is it possible that you are using an outdated version of iOS? Could you try to update it?

Another thing you try is to clear all website data, which should remove the old outdated copy of your deck from Safari's cache: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265

Grins

• Decks
« Responder #7 em: Março 16, 2020, 07:52:18 pm »
OS is up to date, but clearing the website data has done the trick!
Thanks a lot!