deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: White Cats Tribal - Comments  (Read 288 times)

Comment Bot

White Cats Tribal - Comments
« on: May 22, 2020, 09:27:11 pm »
White Cats Tribal

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

StevenOs

• Decks
Re: White Cats Tribal - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 09:27:11 pm »
Guess you're sticking with cat cats and not going for the more "civilized" leonin as Ajani's Pridemates might love all the lifelink.  I'm not sure how often you'll get the second Stray Cat while you've got one in play.  This may want to go wide and has some potential card advantage but is there a breakthrough plan if you stall out?

From a min/max PoV there are better choices than Inspiring Roar as Collective Effort is cheaper to cast and provides other options and Unbreakable Formation is instant speed Indestructible if you face mass removal or the +1/+1 counters and indestructible for the turn at sorcery speed.  Course both are rare and thus more $$ to get.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 10:20:31 pm by StevenOs »

AboveAvgDoug

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:04:53 pm »
Appreciate the help StevenOs. I'm brand new to deck building and not super familiar with many cards, so I'm just messing around with tribal ideas and casual play decks for kitchen table mostly, all within a reasonable budget ($20 is the arbitrary goal to stay under). Any insight you have into further decks is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

StevenOs

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 02:52:42 am »
Trust me, I don't know the cards that well and usually resort to some of the various search tools when looking for cards.  I'd stopped in the Time Spiral block and only now am dipping my toe again.  I use scryfall.com/advanced when it comes to looking up card.

I certainly here you when it comes to budget (especially playing paper) although getting in at the listed prices sometime seems impossible.

I might say the deck is taking a step back as this should be an aggressive deck and cutting back too far on the cats hurts your offense even as you look at other things.  Collective Effort and Inspiring Roar are so much better if they are hitting four or five creatures instead of one;  liked the Sacred Cat because it can essentially be "recast" if killed the first time.  White Sun's Zenith isn't a "4 of" in this deck as you probably don't want to cast it for X<2 and really want X>3 which may take a while to reach.

Silver Flame Ritual is strictly better than Inspiring Roar as both give your team +1/+1 counters but the ritual also give you vigilance for the turn allowing you to attack without tapping anything so you'll have the survivors to play defense with.

You might look for more spot removal.  For white you might look at Banishing Light, Cast Out, or Conclave Tribunal (each should be about a quarter or less) all of which are enchantments that come into play and then remove a permanent of your opponent until the enchantment leaves play.  Banishing Light is 3 mana, Cast Out is four BUT can be done at instant speed due to Flash and could be cycled for a different card for one, and Conclave Tribunal is also 4 but the cost can be reduced by tapping your own creatures to help pay for it.

In many ways Whitemane Lion is your individual creature protection as you flash that in if one of your important cats would be destroyed to replace it and let you recast your saved cat later.

Based in part on your earlier revision and some of what I mentioned here you might try this:
4 Adorned Pouncer
2 Cast Out
4 Collective Effort
2 Conclave Tribunal
4 King of the Pride
24 Plains
4 Regal Caracal
4 Sacred Cat
4 Savannah Lions
2 Silverflame Ritual
2 White Sun's Zenith
4 Whitemane Lion