deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander Legends Predictions  (Read 7604 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Commander Legends Predictions
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2020, 08:26:53 pm »
With 20-card booster packs, a foil in every pack, and two legendary creatures in every pack I can't imagine them being less than $12-15 a pack. Ultimate Masters was $12.99 a pack (from what I remember, I couldn't find the exact pricing for them) and around $330 a box.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-ultimate-masters-2018-11-05
This space for rent.

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2020, 10:12:53 pm »
With 20-card booster packs, a foil in every pack, and two legendary creatures in every pack I can't imagine them being less than $12-15 a pack. Ultimate Masters was $12.99 a pack (from what I remember, I couldn't find the exact pricing for them) and around $330 a box.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-ultimate-masters-2018-11-05

I'm afraid iy will be expensive. Commander is the big moneymaker for Wizards now. But I have hope (albeit a small.onr) that they don't plan two expensive sets in such a short time, I mean Double masters isn't even a couple of weeks old....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 06:29:18 am by paulusdeboself »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2020, 11:28:09 pm »
but i do feel that the set contains many cards that are at the least useful in the set. The problem is, in my opinion, that this comes off as a money chase set versus a use everything right pout of the pack.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2020, 01:03:12 am »

Ah. That makes sense. Don't know why I was thinking what I was thinking. I might buy enough for a draft or 2, but that's it lmao. I could build 2 decent EDH decks with $330 easily.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2020, 03:05:42 am »

Ah. That makes sense. Don't know why I was thinking what I was thinking. I might buy enough for a draft or 2, but that's it lmao. I could build 2 decent EDH decks with $330 easily.

Right, it would be much better to purchase the direct singles than to open packs randomly that you might not be able to use.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2020, 03:24:51 am »
I hope nobody minds if I change up my bingo card. I think that 5-color Omnath is happening. Promise I'll stop changing this once spoiler season starts.

And hey, you guys should make a card too. It would be fun to see who gets 5 in a row first, and who gets the most predictions correct.

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2020, 03:57:28 am »
I'm really just hoping for more legends in the vein of the new Baron Sengir that's been hinted at.  They don't need to be broken or earth-shattering but updating some of the potential commanders from Legends and such so that they're playable would be amazing.  I would love to do a Sol'kanar the Swamp King deck but his abilities are pretty lackluster but I've always loved the art.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2020, 10:38:56 am »
And hey, you guys should make a card too. It would be fun to see who gets 5 in a row first, and who gets the most predictions correct.

I'm up for it. Here are some ideas I threw together while I should have been paying attention to a work call.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 10:41:54 am by CleanBelwas »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2020, 03:16:16 pm »
I'm really just hoping for more legends in the vein of the new Baron Sengir that's been hinted at.  They don't need to be broken or earth-shattering but updating some of the potential commanders from Legends and such so that they're playable would be amazing.  I would love to do a Sol'kanar the Swamp King deck but his abilities are pretty lackluster but I've always loved the art.

I too am hoping for several updated potential commanders from Legends. You would think with 70+ new legendary cards (some creatures, some planeswalkers) that some of that space would be devoted to this.
This space for rent.

Maxix

• Decks
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2020, 03:17:47 pm »
@CleanBelwas : Lol, is "a new staple that people overreact about" still a conjecture at this point ?

I'd really like some more Multiplayer matter cards, such as Monarch or Will of the council too !

Sage_Stinson

• Decks
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2020, 08:19:20 pm »
To be honest i do not know what to expect. Hopefully some good ramp, a few good staple Reprints and lots of new fun stuff  ;D

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2020, 03:11:06 pm »
I had a tough time thinking up stuff. I dunno why, honestly, but attached is my bingo card.

Edit: I re-uploaded the bingo card because, as Morg pointed out, Magus of the Fittest basically already exists. I'm just going to go for a Magus for Gaea's Cradle, as none of the other good green cards on the Reserved List fit. Aluren? Earthcraft? Nah.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 02:32:01 pm by WizardSpartan »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2020, 04:19:00 pm »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2020, 04:43:01 pm »

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2020, 10:43:04 am »
@CleanBelwas : Lol, is "a new staple that people overreact about" still a conjecture at this point ?

I'd really like some more Multiplayer matter cards, such as Monarch or Will of the council too !

Haha yea you've got a point. Might as well be another free square.

Yea I think multiplayer matters seems likely. They've been pushing Goad style effects the last two years of precons with that goad sword from 19 and the impetus cycle from 20 so it seems to me that they are trying to encourage that multiplayer aspect. With no foundation whatsoever, I just have a feeling that we'll see things that encourage people to work together more and form alliances in this set, be that choice cards or mechanics like Assist. I'd be all for it. It's that kind of casual janky multiplayer stuff that I love about EDH.