deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Infect  (Read 2494 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Infect
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 06:27:29 pm »
My Dakkon voltron runs Tainted Strike but then again it takes players out one by one anyway. My Uro deck runs Triumph of the Hordes as an alternative to Pathbreaker Ibex. Am I a bad person now?
Well, yes.

In a similar vein, I remember a specific game where I killed all my opponents at once through elves made unblockable by Elvish Champion + 1 Ezuri, Renegade Leader activation + Triumph of the Hordes on Turn 4.

In my defense, I ended the game entirely right then and there.You're welcome?

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 02:57:26 pm »
Watch it WizardSpartan, next thing you know you'll be playing Slivers like those other dirty players.

Ok, it's me, I'm that dirty player.
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 03:08:24 pm »
Watch it WizardSpartan, next thing you know you'll be playing Slivers like those other dirty players.

Lalalalala, I can't hear youuu.

twotontimmy

• papuer, edh
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2020, 02:30:17 am »
I think infect is good in edh if there's an aspect of control to it and backup plans. I use Ishai and reyhan, and play on low curve cmc creatures with infect, especially those with evasion. Using totems and other means of indestructible protection, I can use board wipes to reassign counters however I want in favorable positions with low cmc counters to protect my decisions. I've been nearly undefeated with it. I have options of also just doing volition and board control as as well. If you're playing with more than 4 players, which has always been a disaster cause then combo players either win at some point or die on turn 1, infect and voltron will fall flat on their face. If done properly with enough speed, I feel it can win pretty handely.
My decks AND my posts are terrible.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2020, 05:33:13 am »
I think infect is good in edh if there's an aspect of control to it and backup plans. I use Ishai and reyhan, and play on low curve cmc creatures with infect, especially those with evasion. Using totems and other means of indestructible protection, I can use board wipes to reassign counters however I want in favorable positions with low cmc counters to protect my decisions. I've been nearly undefeated with it. I have options of also just doing volition and board control as as well. If you're playing with more than 4 players, which has always been a disaster cause then combo players either win at some point or die on turn 1, infect and voltron will fall flat on their face. If done properly with enough speed, I feel it can win pretty handely.

I'm not sure infect is as strong as you make it sound outside of very casual metas. Unless you mean playing a large creature and strapping on a Phyresis or a Grafted Exoskeleton, but even then, you still have to get 30 infect damage through. The most successful infect decks I've seen have been Xenagos one turn win decks and Voltron Skittles decks that lean hard into black control.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 05:55:42 pm by Slyvester12 »
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2020, 12:25:11 pm »
I'd very much love to see a commander that grants a conditional infect. Giving a blanket infect to all creatures on your board would just be broken, but if we could work infect into the command zone, it could be a lot more playable. Maybe a card thats 2 colorless and one GB for a legendary snake assassin that gives up to two attacking creatures infect as long as their combined power is less than 10.

Sliver boy
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 02:34:19 pm »
Oh Red_Wyrm how we've missed you!

I'd love to see a deck list that can be this successful with infect. I looked through yours and didn't see that particular deck.

ETA- I do have a question after looking through them, most of your decks seem to be budget decks (two of your three folders for EDH have budget in the title), is that your meta? I'm not implying that's a bad thing so please don't take it that way.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 02:54:32 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2020, 03:04:13 pm »
I run Hallar, the Firefletcher and Grafted Exoskeleton to hit all players with kicker spells. I personally don't care much for infect in general but that is why this is my only infect card I play in any deck. I have yet to see where infect consistantly takes out every opponent.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

twotontimmy

• papuer, edh
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 04:21:59 pm »
I will post deck sometime today. My groups meta is high powered minus the reserved list. I still only make budget decks as I still enjoy the challenge. However, I started big and went in reverse due to rising cost of commander. Everyone else went big as i went small lol. I do have like several other high powered decks I have that I will run if I do feel like winning. This is one of them.

My deck focuses on 1 shoting 1 or 2 players at the same time or within consecutive turns using board wipes as a consistent one sided advantage to keep the board clear from preventing gang bang after you've murdered some dudes turn 5, or faster with proper ramp.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 04:26:55 pm by twotontimmy »

twotontimmy

• papuer, edh
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2020, 11:24:47 pm »
Here it is. I made a few minor adjustments based on what I might want to put on it as I haven't updated it in a while, but thyoull get the idea. For reference, since someone made a point about metas, and I don't want to overstate this decks capabilities, I'd consider the cards in this deck mid power for my metas. The strategy is strong though. You will never see someone entombing kozelik, vampiric tutor, or most reserved list nonsense. You will see all the power creep commanders like kinnan. Those decks would probably allow register at this price range... speaking of which this was like 100 when I first made it roughly. I would guess that the median turns it takes to end a game in our group in general is 7, with most of the data supporting strongly skewed towards that end.

https://deck.tk/4dRe2pJJ
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 11:31:56 pm by twotontimmy »

PickleLover

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2020, 12:54:56 am »
I recommend hand of the praetors. Very powerful Infect Lord.

I don't play commander but you might want a few more instants. mutagenic growth, groundswell, invigorate, etc.
– PickleLover

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2020, 01:25:02 am »
Wait, is Ishai the only way you have of putting +1/+1 counters on creatures? What happens if it gets removed?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

twotontimmy

• papuer, edh
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2020, 06:11:15 am »
Thats what reyhan is for. Lol

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2020, 03:53:25 pm »
So your strategy is heavily dependent on both of your commanders being cast and sticking on the board? That appears to be what you're saying.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 04:05:23 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

PickleLover

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2020, 07:30:39 pm »
well it seems the deck has some valuable feedback. In that case, all I can say is that you should probably have some more protection spells for your commander(s)
– PickleLover