deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Commander Legends Spoilers  (Lu 10749 fois)

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Commander Legends Spoilers
« Réponse #45 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 08:13:56 am »

Wheel of Misfortune
Sorcery
Each player secretly chooses a number. Then reveal those numbers. Wheel of Misfortune deals damage equal to the greatest number chosen to the players that chose it. Then each player who didn't choose the mininum number discards their hand and draw hands.

I honestly just don't understand this card (especially the minimum number part), but I guess translations will do that. I look forward to seeing the official English version of this card.

I missed this the first time around, but I'm pretty sure I know how it works. Let's say the numbers that get revealed are 2, 5, 7, and 10. The person that chose "10" looses 10 life. Then, everybody except the person that chose "2" discards their hand and draws 7 cards.

If the numbers were 2, 2, 10, and 10, then the two players that chose "10" lose 10 life, discard their hand then draws 7, while the two players that chose "2" do nothing.

This means that the best-case scenario is to end up in the middle of the numbers that were chosen.

If you are right, wouldn't the card be shut down by everyone just taking 0 (or whichever is the lowest number possible)? I don't see any incentive to not choose a low number.
If I got that right, in my scenario nothing should happen at all, right? ???

Yea, your scenario is right, but people are tricksy. Even if you all agree to take 0, someone is gonna sneak in a 1 and get a fresh 7 for 1 damage  which is a superb rate. You can't trust people.

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
« Réponse #46 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 10:10:59 am »
Yurlok of Scorch Thrash seems really cool. Seeing as they don't have white and aren't a partner, are there any decent ways to limit how many spells people can cast per turn? I know that general seems to be a white thing, sadly.

Dargo, The Shipwrecker could be fun in terms of a casual setting. I don't know cEDH enough to know if he can be disgusting with his cost reduction.

Curious to see the full 'Court Of' cycle.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Réponse #47 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 02:09:37 pm »

Wheel of Misfortune
Sorcery
Each player secretly chooses a number. Then reveal those numbers. Wheel of Misfortune deals damage equal to the greatest number chosen to the players that chose it. Then each player who didn't choose the mininum number discards their hand and draw hands.

I honestly just don't understand this card (especially the minimum number part), but I guess translations will do that. I look forward to seeing the official English version of this card.

I missed this the first time around, but I'm pretty sure I know how it works. Let's say the numbers that get revealed are 2, 5, 7, and 10. The person that chose "10" looses 10 life. Then, everybody except the person that chose "2" discards their hand and draws 7 cards.

If the numbers were 2, 2, 10, and 10, then the two players that chose "10" lose 10 life, discard their hand then draws 7, while the two players that chose "2" do nothing.

This means that the best-case scenario is to end up in the middle of the numbers that were chosen.

If you are right, wouldn't the card be shut down by everyone just taking 0 (or whichever is the lowest number possible)? I don't see any incentive to not choose a low number.
If I got that right, in my scenario nothing should happen at all, right? ???

Yea, your scenario is right, but people are tricksy. Even if you all agree to take 0, someone is gonna sneak in a 1 and get a fresh 7 for 1 damage  which is a superb rate. You can't trust people.
I'm just trying to evaluate the card and whether I want it in Alesha. Man, what's with WotC and all these super odd cards. My head hurtie.

Also, the translation has changed to reflect how Morg said the card would work. The "minimum" in the last line has been changed to "least", which makes much more sense.

I saw on Reddit some combos with this card + a card like Intervention Pact, where you choose a giga large number and gain basically infinite life (in addition to wheeling), which is cool. I wished this card worked with Firesong and Sunspeaker, too, but it doesn't.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Réponse #48 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 02:30:09 pm »
Dang, I didn't think about that. New Jeskai 3 card combo with Aetherflux Reservoir?

EDIT: Also, woot, Hero Member in the house.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Réponse #49 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 03:20:01 pm »
Dang, I didn't think about that. New Jeskai 3 card combo with Aetherflux Reservoir?

EDIT: Also, woot, Hero Member in the house.
Dang, we finally broke Aetherflux Reservoir, guys.

Grats on the Hero member.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Réponse #50 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 03:28:54 pm »
Ramos, Dragon Engine reprint with etched frame. Scroll Rack reprint at mythic,Staff of Domination reprint at rare, Command Beacon reprint.

« Modifié: Octobre 30, 2020, 04:16:42 pm par WizardSpartan »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Réponse #51 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 04:16:59 pm »

Soul's Fire
Soul's Might
Command Beacon

Tuia Bearclaw
1RG
Legendary Creature - Human warrior
Whenever Tuia Bearclaw attacks, she gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the greatest power among other creatures you control.
2/2

I'm assuming that Vow of Malice is going to show up at some point.
« Modifié: Octobre 30, 2020, 06:30:31 pm par Morganator 2.0 »

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Réponse #52 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 06:46:03 pm »
What's up with the power level in Commander Legends? You've got lots of great commander reprints that were extremely pricey, stupidly broken new cards that could never work in some format like standard, and just an overall vibe of Wizards trying to cram as much as they could into one set. And that is why all commander players are eyeing it. Paying $125 for a box, and pulling something crazy is the incentive for this set, and it's working.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Réponse #53 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 09:50:04 pm »
Forget what I said about Vow of Malice.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Réponse #54 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 09:54:12 pm »
Holy shit, that art on Promise of Tomorrow.

Seb McKinnon is ridiculously good. He knocks it out of the park every damn time.

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
« Réponse #55 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 10:52:22 pm »
The Turtle Shaman is Sultai. I hope that means the Rabbit Wizard is Boros that we haven't seen yet (to fill in the 5 colours between them).
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Réponse #56 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 11:14:49 pm »
Ghen seem off-color to anyone else? It's like they designed ANOTHER bant enchantments matter commander and an intern confused the colors with mardu.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Réponse #57 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 11:25:31 pm »
Ghen seem off-color to anyone else? It's like they designed ANOTHER bant enchantments matter commander and an intern confused the colors with mardu.
Nope? It sacrifices and brings back (black) enchantments (white), but it's in a 1 for 1 manner (red, see Goblin Welder & Goblin Engineer). I don't think it's bant at all.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Réponse #58 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 11:33:45 pm »
The Turtle Shaman is Sultai. I hope that means the Rabbit Wizard is Boros that we haven't seen yet (to fill in the 5 colours between them).

The turtle's bio really makes me want the rabbit.  I don't care what color the rabbit is.  But the rabbit had better be in the set.  And (based on the turtle's bio), it better have protection from turtles.   ;D
Happy Brewing!
:)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Réponse #59 le: Octobre 30, 2020, 11:47:31 pm »
Oh I get it now!

It's the tortoise and the hare. The turtle is themed around going slow, so the rabbit will likely have something to do with haste.