deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: What do you want to see in Forgotten Realms next year?  (Leído 1495 veces)

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
What do you want to see in Forgotten Realms next year?
« en: Diciembre 01, 2020, 03:39:16 am »
I love D&D, so a set based around the core setting for 5e is a dream come true. Can't wait for the legends, the Drizzt card MUST be op. However, there will most likely be some D&D flavorer stuff in there, such as dice rolling or a revamp of the level up mechanic from Rise of the Eldrazi. I wonder how beholders will be incorperated, most likely as a new creature type or a re-use of the old "Eye" creature type. Possibly some lands such as Waterdeep and hopefully some artifacts from the Realms, such as Crenshinibon. :)

So what are your hopes for D&D: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms? Both D&D and non-D&D players alike?
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

CREAM

• Decks
Re: What do you want to see in Forgotten Realms next year?
« Respuesta #1 en: Diciembre 01, 2020, 06:44:41 pm »
Lookin forward to Bruenor Equipment deck. Mixing in sweet kaldheim, ice age, coldsnap cards to make a wulfgar deck. Cattie brie, battleragers.. maybe another unicorn. Drizzt elves. Jarlaxle equipment deck.

Excited to see drizzts scimitars and the gangs weapons as equipment cards.

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Diciembre 01, 2020, 07:39:02 pm »
I think most of the characters will get cards, so watch out for Elminster, Volo, and the Xanathar.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Diciembre 31, 2020, 03:46:43 am »
I grew up reading DnD novels in the early and mids 90s so I really hope we see legendary creature cards for most of the important Forgotten Realms characters. This goes against my anti-intellectual property-crossover stance, but unlike The Walking Dead, Forgotten Realms actually fits the fantasy world of Magic: the Gathering.

Besides the usual suspects, I'd love to see a Guenhwyvar card. I hope we see tons of new legendary creatures from the DnD world, in the same way Commander Legends was loaded with new Commander options.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Enero 01, 2021, 01:48:23 am »
I will be disappointed if they do not bring back trap cards, such as Archive Trap.  Anyone who has ever played D&D knows that you have to be on the lookout for traps!  And on a similar tangent, I look to see at least one Flash based rogue that "traps" when a trap is activated to cancel the effect.

I agree on Level Up needing to come back, full on flavorful.

In terms of creatures, they had better have some killer dragons.  No it's, ands, or buts about it.  Dragons must shine.  But I would also like to see Mindflayers focused on Mill strategies.  Maybe they grow when a library is milled (particularly your own), or maybe they "eat" (ie, exile) milled cards.  Maybe they can take over creatures with toughness lower than the number of cards milled at the end of the turn.  So many options...

Lore wise, I would like to see Sorin arrive, perhaps introducing Sigarda as a newly awakened Planeswalker, only to be chased by Nahiri hiring heroes to try to kill him (he would be a vampire in a D&D world).  Maybe see Vraska, since we aren't really sure where she went to...

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Enero 01, 2021, 06:46:20 am »
I actually hope we don't see established Planeswalkers in the Forgotten Realms expansion. I would very much like this expansion to be more of a stand-alone set focusing exclusively on important Forgotten Realms characters and objects and places.

I forgot about Level Up. That is definitely on theme and it would be a missed flavour opportunity to not have it as a mechanic in the set.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Enero 01, 2021, 03:43:28 pm »
I will be disappointed if they do not bring back trap cards, such as Archive Trap.  Anyone who has ever played D&D knows that you have to be on the lookout for traps!  And on a similar tangent, I look to see at least one Flash based rogue that "traps" when a trap is activated to cancel the effect.
YESSSS! They need this.

Also, crits. They have to introduce crits somehow. I don't care how. They must be introduced.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Enero 01, 2021, 06:00:47 pm »
No one is going to bring up the party mechanic? I've got a good feeling that it's making a comeback here.

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Enero 01, 2021, 06:37:55 pm »
So far, the list of D&D flavored mechanics seems to be Level Up, Traps, Dragons, and there was the idea of ilithids (mind flayers for all you non-D&D players) were somehow connected to mill. This seems about right. The party mechanic would be an interesting include, and my two greatest wants for Forgotten Realms are the Bard creature type (so we can get flavor and correct Yisan, the Wanderer Bard) and an op Driz'zt DoUrden card. This might be the one set I splurge on to get the entire set because I absolutely love D&D.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Enero 01, 2021, 06:44:25 pm »
I completely forgot about Zendikar Rising and the party mechanic! This NEEDS to be in the Forgotten Realms set for sure.

...and this just goes to show how easily we forget the previous sets because there is always something new choo chooing along the hype train.

turkey dragon

• Decks
« Respuesta #10 en: Enero 02, 2021, 12:45:36 am »
one word- Tiamat

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Respuesta #11 en: Enero 02, 2021, 01:34:26 am »
I find it  strange that most of the mechanics listed have come from a Zendikar set.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Respuesta #12 en: Enero 05, 2021, 12:53:05 am »
I believe Zendikar's design was inspired by the dungeon-crawling and the exploring inherent in a DnD campaign.

Saint-Just

• Decks
« Respuesta #13 en: Enero 05, 2021, 08:08:08 pm »
They've got so many different kinds of elves already in mtg, no reason not to include drow this time. Make 'em black and splash some red.