deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: EDH Banlist Ideas - Comments  (Leído 265 veces)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
EDH Banlist Ideas - Comments
« en: Diciembre 03, 2020, 07:46:28 pm »
EDH Banlist Ideas

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Soren841

• Decks
Re: EDH Banlist Ideas - Comments
« Respuesta #1 en: Diciembre 03, 2020, 07:46:28 pm »

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-1 Fastbond
-1 Gifts Ungiven
-1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
-1 Limited Resources
-1 Panoptic Mirror

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Balance
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Black Lotus
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Braids, Cabal Minion
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Griselbrand
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Iona, Shield of Emeria
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Library of Alexandria
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Paradox Engine
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Primeval Titan
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Prophet of Kruphix
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Sundering Titan
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Sylvan Primordial
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Upheaval
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Worldfire
Nils is the God I worship

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Diciembre 03, 2020, 09:39:24 pm »
I'm happy to see you follow through with your opinion on Commander bans from the beginning of this year.  My playgroup has gone completely the opposite way and banned a huge swath of cards that are only problematic in bulk.

To the best of my knowledge, Panoptic Mirror is banned because filthy casuals were imprinting Time Warp and similar cards for infinite extra turns, which is just as lazy and impractical as it sounds.

On the other hand, Fastbond is part of a variety of infinite mana and infinite Landfall combos, especially with land-sac effects and Crucible of Worlds effects.  Releasing that will depend upon how reliable you believe such loops to be.

As a counterpoint I'd like some of your reasoning for certain unbans.  I know you put it in the threads but there were several threads with posts of yours scattered throughout and making comments here would not only help organize it for me but would also help others find it IMO.

EDIT: I just remembered that Storm Cauldron is the card that banned Fastbond in Legacy.  I have no idea how good that is in Commander, but I wanted to add it for context.
« Última modificación: Diciembre 03, 2020, 10:00:51 pm por jlutzxinc »

Soren841

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Diciembre 03, 2020, 10:32:10 pm »
My main concern, which differs from a lot of people who don't understand balance very well, is that I don't care about a card's power level. I don't care about how STRONG a card is, just whether or not it's balanced. For example, Black Lotus is just a colorless ramp piece. There's no unbalance there. The Moxen are unbalanced because they have color identity. Cards like Flash are unbalanced because they actually DO something, and that something happened to dominate the format. Fastbond is really only that good with commanders like Tatyova and even then there are better things to do (not with Tatyova but in general). It wouldn't make her overpowered so it's fine. Panoptic Mirror probably is fine if that's the only reason it's good. If you have other questions about specific bans/unbans I'll be glad to hear them!

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Diciembre 03, 2020, 10:45:19 pm »
I'm afraid I'm not following your reasoning on "balance".  If the Moxen are unbalanced because they're only good in certain Decks, wouldn't the same be true of Fastbond?

Also, why is Worldfire OK if Sway of the Stars isn't?  Is it the triple red, or less potential for game reset, or something else that I don't see?

Soren841

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Diciembre 03, 2020, 11:14:47 pm »
No because Fastbond isn't broken. It's one of those "does something" cards, the Moxen are mana, and make multicolored extremely unbalanced in terms of ramp.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Diciembre 03, 2020, 11:58:55 pm »
OK, but you didn't answer my other question.  How does Worldfire differ from Sway of the Stars?  Why do you want to unban one but not the other?

Soren841

• Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Diciembre 04, 2020, 12:32:52 am »
I probably should have it in the maybeboard, honestly it just seems like it's better if built around because you get everything back, and it's in blue. Blue gets a lot already

RuthlessRut

• Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Diciembre 04, 2020, 01:46:37 am »
Unban griselbrand! Lol seriously though it's dumb that he hasn't been removed from the ban list he's not as overpowering anymore never really was

eldritchsquiggle

• Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Diciembre 04, 2020, 02:29:50 am »
Griselbrand should definitely not be unbanned, it draws up to 35 cards in commander, that's a little ridiculous.