deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Neheb, the Eternal (PRIMER) - Comments  (Lu 425 fois)

Comment Bot

• Invité
Neheb, the Eternal (PRIMER) - Comments
« le: Décembre 08, 2020, 05:57:37 pm »
Neheb, the Eternal (PRIMER)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Rinzler

• Decks
Re: Neheb, the Eternal (PRIMER) - Comments
« Réponse #1 le: Décembre 08, 2020, 05:57:37 pm »
If you like the deck or want to change something, please drop a comment my way!  I'm always looking for and open to suggestions!

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Janvier 08, 2021, 02:15:18 am »
I have a few cards to suggest:

Jeska's Will: Seems like an autoinclude for pretty much any mono-red deck in existence. Ik you mentioned rituals already, but this is worlds different from Desperate Ritual. Only 3 mana to easily net you 6+ mana and 3 cards is just bonkers.

Dockside Extortionist: An obviously extremely good card that can give you a lot of flexible mana. While yet another ritual, it's kinda in the same boat as Jeska's Will. I consider these 2 cards to be on a different level from rituals like Desperate Ritual that net you very few mana.

Wheel of Misfortune: I already see Wheel of Fortune so this could be good also.

Valakut Awakening // Valakut Stoneforge: Easily replaces a Mountain and lets you trade in cards you don't want for potentially better cards.

Caged Sun: Plays well into your big mana gameplan.

Bolt Bend & Deflecting Swat: Both are very inexpensive ways to protect your commander.

Blood Moon/Magus of the Moon: From a purely power level perspective, these cards are perfect.

Bonders' Enclave/War Room: I don't know how card-hungry your deck is, but these are options at least.

Gauntlet of Power: You already include Gauntlet of Might, so why no Gauntlet of Power?

Rinzler

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Janvier 13, 2021, 10:57:51 pm »
Jeska's WIll - This was already on its way in, I just needed to find a card to take out.  Thanks for expediting the process!

Dockside Extortionist - This guy is a bit interesting in my eyes.  Even though it can generate lots of treasures and is very good in almost every red edh deck, I don't think it is as good here.  For one, it only makes treasures, which aren't quite as great as the other forms of mana ramp like damage or permanent.  Jeska's will was mainly considered as a card draw source, with the mana portion as a neat benefit if I have Neheb out.  I just feel that dockside is close, but not quite there for this deck.

Wheel of misfortune - To be completely honest, when I was looking through spoilers I kind of skipped this card because of all the text.  Looking at it now, I can see that it could either work well for me, or absolutely suck and give my opponents an advantage.  A bit too much chance for me.  For now, no, but maybe later on I'll consider it.

Valakut Stoneforge - This makes sense here, I totally missed it.  It's jumping in for a land.

Caged sun, gauntlet of power - I feel like I have enough doublers for now, and both of these were cut from the original list in favor of other cards.

Bolt bend, deflecting swat - I really don't feel the need for these that much.  Most people underestimate Neheb and don't target him, and I almost never keep open mana to use this on other turns.  And honestly, I think that too much protection is overkill with a deck that can come back and finish people with speed and ease, although when Neheb has been targeted as a threat right off the bat, I could have used these.  Maybe?  I don't know.  Probably the Deflecting Swat at least.

Blood Magus and Magus of the Moon - Ehhhhhhhhh.  I feel kinda bad playing these types of cards in commander.  They make people target me and don't advance my gameplan too much.

Bonder's enclave and War Room - I don't think I need a land specifically to draw cards as of yet, but these cards have been on my consideration list just in case.

whitefero

• Joe Dirt
  • Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Janvier 16, 2021, 03:44:17 pm »
Hi, been running Neheb for the past 2/3 years.

T1 Mana + Sol Ring (and another 2 CMC rock)
T2 Seething Song into Neheb

In short, Seething song gives the quickest Neheb possible (if going fairly ghetto Sandstone Needle + Mountain and Seething Song also T2 Neheb)

I do have to say in my personal experience, doublers or triplers (be it spells or Damage or Mana) function to mitigate red's main weakness. With Fiery Emancipation, Furnace of Rath you manage to turn one usage of a card into the equivalent of 2 or 3, and yes risking to deal damage is also flavorful.. and they stack.. with 2 of them on the field you deal 6x Damage... being able to fight red's biggest commander weakness which is inflated life totals (running out of steam)

Leyline Tyrant is a literal Fireball Battery and I LOVE seeing it here... given your description for the deck on the casual side, I see no reason to run aggravated assault (while yes, there's no tutors), it is is the Apex of an stale repetitive wincon, not casual friendly or even exciting for the deck pilot.

Do have to say I agree and love most of what is here on the primer :)
« Modifié: Janvier 16, 2021, 03:51:56 pm par whitefero »

Rinzler

• Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Janvier 19, 2021, 07:26:01 pm »
Thank you! :)

I have considered seething song as an early way to get Neheb out, and see that it can be powerful, but it only really applies in the early game.  I tend to be adverse to things that only want to be in to get out early and don't really advance the gameplan much beyond that.  Besides, most games I play aren't in super competitive decks where getting him out on turn 2 is a do or die thing.

I have noticed that aggravated assault can be kinda stale and boring if I get it early in the game, but I don't tend to run into it too much, and it is a useful card against higher power decks.  If I was playing against friends, then I wouldn't play this card very often.  But I don't, and it can be a satisfying way to finish off the table.

And Furnace of Rath and Dictate of the twin gods is very much a big risk/big reward choice.  I don't really like it, but since it stacks and can be really helpful, I can see playing them as well.

FreeThrill

• Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Février 02, 2021, 04:31:32 pm »
I really like it!
« Modifié: Février 03, 2021, 10:21:18 am par Morganator 2.0 »