deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Kess is Best - Would love suggestions  (Leído 386 veces)

Bigmax

• Decks
Kess is Best - Would love suggestions
« en: Diciembre 15, 2020, 05:00:17 pm »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Kess is Best - Would love suggestions
« Respuesta #1 en: Diciembre 15, 2020, 05:11:18 pm »
I have a few questions.

Why are you using Oboro, Palace in the Clouds? How do you take advantage of it's self-bounce effect?  Same thing with Reanimate? Is it just there to get Thassa's Oracle back?

You have a pretty heavy interaction package. You might be able to swap out Counterspell for a Wheel of Misfortune.

Bigmax

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Diciembre 15, 2020, 05:31:51 pm »
I realized that Oboro, palace in the clouds is nice to color fix for an extra blue, it would just be in an instance of a missed land drop or needing an extra blue I dont have. I can pump a mana rock into it is what I was thinking. Also it's there to have all card names be different for tainted pact.

Funny enough I was just having this discussion about replacing counterspell with one of my friends in the play group.

Reanimate is great to bring back Thassa's Oracle, also paired with Intuition choosing Thassa, Reanimate, and Demonic Consultation I believe is a win-win no matter what.
« Última modificación: Diciembre 15, 2020, 05:35:44 pm por Bigmax »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Diciembre 15, 2020, 08:04:11 pm »
Intuition choosing Thassa, Reanimate, and Demonic Consultation I believe is a win-win no matter what.
Opponent chooses Consultation, you are left with Reanimate and Thassa's Oracle in the graveyard would be a way to not auto win. Unless I'm missing something

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Diciembre 15, 2020, 09:18:08 pm »
Intuition choosing Thassa, Reanimate, and Demonic Consultation I believe is a win-win no matter what.
Opponent chooses Consultation, you are left with Reanimate and Thassa's Oracle in the graveyard would be a way to not auto win. Unless I'm missing something

Play Consultation naming Jace, Wielder of Mysteries. Cast Jace. Use Kess to recast Consultation. Exile Library. Use Jace's +1 to win.

Takes about 9 mana, but it works.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Diciembre 15, 2020, 09:53:19 pm »

Play Consultation naming Jace, Wielder of Mysteries. Cast Jace. Use Kess to recast Consultation. Exile Library. Use Jace's +1 to win.

Takes about 9 mana, but it works.
Ah, I wasn't thinking in terms of cards outside of the immediate combo. Fair enough, I suppose.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Diciembre 15, 2020, 10:29:26 pm »
What about just giving them the Oracle? Unless they already have the other tutor in hand, they have a fancy way of scrying ~5 cards, typically.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Diciembre 15, 2020, 10:31:10 pm »
What about just giving them the Oracle?

Then they can use Kess to cast Consultation from grave. Which also reminds me, if you give them Consultation, they can just cast Reanimate from grave to get Thassa's Oracle back.

It's a good Intuition pile.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Diciembre 15, 2020, 10:50:52 pm »

Then they can use Kess to cast Consultation from grave. Which also reminds me, if you give them Consultation, they can just cast Reanimate from grave to get Thassa's Oracle back.

...alright, I admit: I forgot what Kess did.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Diciembre 16, 2020, 03:09:07 am »

...alright, I admit: I forgot what Kess did.
I almost completely forgot what Kess did. I don't know how I did see that Kess can cast Consultation from the grave, so giving them Thassa's Oracle doesn't work, but didn't see that giving them Consultation also works.