deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Feedback for my Muldrotha deck  (Gelesen 371 mal)

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
Feedback for my Muldrotha deck
« am: Januar 29, 2021, 05:26:04 Nachmittag »
https://deckstats.net/decks/154264/1900148-muldrotha-death-engines

I've given this deck several updates, what should I change in order to make it a bit better? I want to stay under $400 on TCGPlayer pricing.
The main goal is to mill everyone while recurring value pieces and Plguecrafter effects to control the board. The deck has little interaction, so I'm wondering if I should add some more conuterspells. There are enough removal pieces, however. Some of the more unorthodox/expensive cards happen to be ones that I own.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: Feedback for my Muldrotha deck
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 29, 2021, 07:57:03 Nachmittag »
How do you win with this deck? Just combat damage?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 29, 2021, 08:07:19 Nachmittag »
My intent was either to mill them out, or to use the Nexus of Fate with no library for infinite turns.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 29, 2021, 08:26:09 Nachmittag »
I just compared your Muldrotha deck with mine, here are some cards that might be interesting:
Spark Double
Elephant Grass
Spellskite
Ashiok, Dream Render
Caustic Caterpillar
Soul-Guide Lantern
Riftsweeper
Dreamscape Artist
Millikin

Besides that I would reccomend you to group the cards by function in stead of by type. Categories like Removal, Recursion, Ramp, etc. This helps at least me to streamline the deck. If you have cards that seem to fit nowhere or you would need to make an new group for, its most likely a candidate for a cut. Besides that, its much easier to track down some building mistakes, like lacking removal or exessive selfmill.

From my experience with playing Muldrotha, be careful with your graveyard. Your opponents will learn very fast, that your graveyard works as hand extension as long as muldrotha is out. Therefore they will aim for removing her or your graveyard. If they empty it while all your good/necessary cards are in, they got you with lowered pants.

In case you are interested, here is my Muldrotha deck. The focus is a little different, but maybe something else catches your eye:
https://deckstats.net/decks/112190/1051092-muldrotha-the-gravetide-perman
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: Januar 29, 2021, 09:19:37 Nachmittag »
Got it, I have some modifications I will make whenever I have some time, but it hurts to remove Primal Surge because of the jank level...

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: Januar 29, 2021, 09:44:53 Nachmittag »
Got it, I have some modifications I will make whenever I have some time, but it hurts to remove Primal Surge because of the jank level...

I was really thinking about Primal Surge, but for me the personal Restriction was more important.
But in general, you could do a 99 permanent Muldrotha deck. Once you get hands on Primal Surge then, you could go All-In by bringing your complete remaining Library into play. From that position, there should be alot of possible options to win the game.
In your current deck, Primal Surge is big gambling, since you never know, how much you will get out of it.

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Antwort #6 am: Januar 29, 2021, 10:13:21 Nachmittag »
I loved the idea, but it's no fun exiling Nexus of Fate with Primal Surge because you lose your protection against self-mill.

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Antwort #7 am: Januar 29, 2021, 10:42:32 Nachmittag »
Made some adjustments and organized the sections, is it a bit better now? I think I'm going to submit this as a primer, if anyone thinks it's good enough.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Antwort #8 am: Januar 29, 2021, 11:59:20 Nachmittag »
Made some adjustments and organized the sections, is it a bit better now? I think I'm going to submit this as a primer, if anyone thinks it's good enough.

Im not sure its good enough for a primer, but it really looks better now.  ;)

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Antwort #9 am: Januar 30, 2021, 04:29:03 Vormittag »

If you want to make a primer, you need to do a write up including inclusions, exclusions, strategy, etc... It should also be a deck you've tested and played extensively, so that you are something of an authority. There's a thread about writing primers in the primer section, if I remember correctly.
« Letzte Änderung: Januar 30, 2021, 04:31:52 Vormittag von Slyvester12 »
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.