deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: cEDH - K'rrik the Dark Prince - Comments  (Read 926 times)

Comment Bot

Apollo392

• Decks
Re: cEDH - K'rrik the Dark Prince - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 05:03:54 am »
absolutely love the deck!

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 02:31:02 pm »
thx man :-) glad to hear that

theslipinglord

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 03:48:45 am »
Hey, nice deck!
But do you no that in commander you can put as many basic lands as you whant?
That min's that you can put swamp (or snow swamp) insted of "Cavern of Souls", "Command Tower" (this one you can ceep it), "Exotic Orcherd", "Gemstone Mine" (this one sucks in mono colored...), "Glimmervoid" and "Tendo Ice Bridge".

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 12:05:59 am »
Hey theslipinglord,
thx for the feedback.
Of course I know that :-D I decided to play each land just onces because of the card tainted pact and krrik. I don´t need basic lands in this deck.
The Multicolor and enemy color lands are for Praetor's Grasp - Thassa's Oracle combo.

Krrik can replace the black mana so no need to play basic lands.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 12:07:43 am by KingKia »

KawaKele

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 03:24:10 pm »
Wow! I absolutely love this Deck! Seems razor sharp... nothing for kitchentable magic, but for competetive enviroment only.

Karadoro

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 03:07:47 pm »
Ive started my own list. Including Tormod, The Desecrator. It allows you to generate infinite mana thru phyrexian altar / ashnod's altar or just go wide. Zombie creature type pairs well with gravecrawler. I may be mistaken but your only instance of zombie is on carrion feeder. Phyrexian altar also helps cast Thassa's Oracle , but I love the idea of playing enemy lands.

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 10:03:06 am »
Ive started my own list. Including Tormod, The Desecrator. It allows you to generate infinite mana thru phyrexian altar / ashnod's altar or just go wide. Zombie creature type pairs well with gravecrawler. I may be mistaken but your only instance of zombie is on carrion feeder. Phyrexian altar also helps cast Thassa's Oracle , but I love the idea of playing enemy lands.

Sounds great! there are many ways to play K'rrik and your idea absolutely sounds nice, but I´m playing carrion feeder and gravecrawler just for one combo. I could swap the gravecrawler for something else and carrion feeder for a viscera seer as well. I decided to play carrion feeder over viscera seer just for the possibility of another Aetherflux infinite combo.
Also carrion feeder costs 2 life to play while phyrexian altar or ashnod's altar need 3 generic mana and can´t be grap with  buried alive.
Another reason is - infinite mana won't win the game for us in this deck, with K'rrik you can use your life as mana and quickly go through your deck to get the right combo pieces and win it. There is no real benefit in getting infinite mana. Most of time we just need K'rrik, life and a tutor or peer into the abyss :-D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 10:09:15 am by KingKia »

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 07:31:27 am »
Isn't competitive but at least close the game on turn 1!!!! My first preroragative it's to be competitive or close the game on the first 4-5 turn, I can't believe there's others primers!!!

Schnoggi

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 02:00:45 am »
Hey mate, really love the work you put into this. I play dimir right now but was always thinking about playing a moon black version. Before I start pumping money into a new project I would very much ask you some questions.

Is it more for 1vs1 or does it also do well in a all vs all Szenario? Do you feel it lacks compared to more colors in power? And do you think I could also make it work in a little bit more Budget variant?

Thank you very much in advance! Love the deck and explanations!

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 02:49:31 pm »
Hey mate, really love the work you put into this. I play dimir right now but was always thinking about playing a moon black version. Before I start pumping money into a new project I would very much ask you some questions.

Is it more for 1vs1 or does it also do well in a all vs all Szenario? Do you feel it lacks compared to more colors in power? And do you think I could also make it work in a little bit more Budget variant?

Thank you very much in advance! Love the deck and explanations!

Hey Schnoggi,
thank you very much for the kind words. It makes me happy to hear that you like my deck/work.

Now let me answer your questions.

Is it more for 1vs1 or does it also do well in a all vs all Szenario? - Well EDH is more a multiplayer than a 1 v 1 format, so the aim was to build a cEDH deck for multiplayer games. For example the deovtion combo with Gary works way better in a multiplayer game than in a 1 v 1. In a multiplayer game you don't need much interaction because your enemies will also interact and remove big threats. Especially in cEDH it can be helpful do be just the mono black guy and see how the others fight while you can easily explode if they offguard. Neverthless this deck can also played easily in a 1 v 1. It don't have a lot of interactions but enough for an 1 v 1 and also the aim is to be faster and be more resilent than interactive. As every 1 v 1 the power of this deck depends on the enemy. If you are playing against a hard counter deck like Lavinia, Azorius Renegade, then you wont have much fun tbh.

Do you feel it lacks compared to more colors in power? - Sometimes I wish I could remove some annoying artifacts or counter some stuff, but most of the time I don't care because I actually just need 1-3 lands and can finish off the game. The lack of colors is not the main problem, the main problem is that everyone will focus your K'rrik because he is absurdly strong and absolutely important for this deck. Playing mono color is also a blessing, you don't need tons of staples for each color, you don't need fixing and for K'rrik you don't even need black color just life :-).

And do you think I could also make it work in a little bit more Budget variant? - Of course! I already have a budget section on my primer.  I can add more cards to the section so that you have an overview of how you can build the deck in a cheaper variant. that takes some speed and power out of the deck but in a budget environment that shouldn't be a problem at all. I'm also testing a version of this deck without doomsday, if you are interested just check this deck as well https://deckstats.net/decks/118014/2296400-test-cedh-k-rrik-the-sleeper-a/de
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 03:21:13 pm by KingKia »

Schnoggi

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2021, 07:34:16 pm »
Thank you so much for your explanations! We have a pretty budget playgroup of 10 guys so every kind of decks are around. I was always looking for some underdog Deck that won’t OP-combo turn 1 or take 10 turns to play the first card :D. I really think I found it. Since 5k to spend on a Deck are a little too much i thought about taking some expensive lands out etc. your budget variant looks also very nice! Do you think it would loose its viability with more basic lands? I really really love Cpt. K‘iirk  and I am used to people focusing my commander … apparently they don’t like my scarab god. I will order my first cards tomorrow for that deck. I am very excited 😂👍🏼! Gonna start with all of the budget cards in your deck!

But it definitely looks super fun! Can’t wait to start it haha. Would you say it is more reactive or a pute combo Deck?

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2021, 07:27:40 pm »
Thank you so much for your explanations! We have a pretty budget playgroup of 10 guys so every kind of decks are around. I was always looking for some underdog Deck that won’t OP-combo turn 1 or take 10 turns to play the first card :D. I really think I found it. Since 5k to spend on a Deck are a little too much i thought about taking some expensive lands out etc. your budget variant looks also very nice! Do you think it would loose its viability with more basic lands? I really really love Cpt. K‘iirk  and I am used to people focusing my commander … apparently they don’t like my scarab god. I will order my first cards tomorrow for that deck. I am very excited 😂👍🏼! Gonna start with all of the budget cards in your deck!

But it definitely looks super fun! Can’t wait to start it haha. Would you say it is more reactive or a pute combo Deck?

You're welcome!

5k is really a lot for a deck, but most cards have only risen in price in the last 1-2 years, so that the deck was not that expensive at first, but is currently hardly affordable. Therefore I can absolutely understand if you want to build a cheaper variant and I am happy if I can help you with it.

Do you think it would loose its viability with more basic lands? - Nah I think you can cut tainted pact and demonic consultation and put in some basic lands if you want to. I'm avoiding basic lands just for tainted pact and the option to win with the enemy thassa's oracle. If you don't need this win option you can easily cut tainted pact, demonic consultation and praetor's grasp.
If you have a praetor's grasp you can still play it to exile the win con or key cards from your enemy.

Would you say it is more reactive or a pure combo Deck? - It's a mix of both but more combo. This decks contains a lot of tutors so you can just look for any card you want. You can go for a combo card or for an answer but most of time just searching for the combo pieces and win the game is the best option.

It only becomes problematic when K'rrik is the strongest deck at the table and your friends agree to focus on you all the time. Since the strategy is very competitive you have to be careful not to be the main problem all the time. To bring in more stability, you can simply replace the expensive tutors with draw and removal and add 2-4 basiclands to the landbase by cutting of some of the very expensive rocks like LED or mox diamond. It is best if you make some budget changes that also fit the meta of your playgroup and also help you against the decks. My variant of the deck is geared towards having the frequently played cEDH commanders as opponents.

Schnoggi

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2021, 11:16:51 pm »
Jeah I ordered some for the budget version. It will be hard to make it very strong without being the focus of everybody and taking everybodies fun out xD. I think with the budget version I will have some insanely strong games and probably some decent reactive ones. Trying to lifelink and pump Cpt. K‘rrik. I keep you up to date about the budget version. Necropotence etc. is not the issue. But I left most of the expensive ramp and most lands out xD. That made a HUGE difference haha. Well ok … also that yagmoths will 😂