deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Rakdos Howling Mine in Modern  (Lida 322 vezes)

ekans_

• Decks
Rakdos Howling Mine in Modern
« em: Abril 02, 2021, 02:58:19 pm »
« Última modificação: Abril 02, 2021, 05:19:23 pm por ekans_ »

tiempo009

• Decks
Re: Rakdos Howling Mine in Modern
« Responder #1 em: Abril 02, 2021, 11:25:18 pm »
So with spiteful visions and underworld dreams this deck could be pretty hefty. I just feel that spiteful visions might come and bite you in the butt, especially if you have a bunch of card draw stuff out on the field and your playing against someone with life gain. You might want to run some red stuff that prevents life gain ( Tibalt, Rakish Instigator ), or black. I also would try and find a way, if possible, to either replace spiteful vision or find a way for it not to affect you (probably hard to fix, but if possible). I would also try and find a way to drop your mana curve, 3.11 is kinda steep, especially with no creatures for defense. I have a wheel/card draw deck if you wanna check it out. Its izzet, but a lot of the wheel stuff is red, so it might work for you, idk: https://deck.tk/3aOx7GJe . All in all though its a cool deck idea.

ekans_

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Abril 03, 2021, 01:17:02 am »
So with spiteful visions and underworld dreams this deck could be pretty hefty. I just feel that spiteful visions might come and bite you in the butt, especially if you have a bunch of card draw stuff out on the field and your playing against someone with life gain. You might want to run some red stuff that prevents life gain ( Tibalt, Rakish Instigator ), or black. I also would try and find a way, if possible, to either replace spiteful vision or find a way for it not to affect you (probably hard to fix, but if possible). I would also try and find a way to drop your mana curve, 3.11 is kinda steep, especially with no creatures for defense. I have a wheel/card draw deck if you wanna check it out. Its izzet, but a lot of the wheel stuff is red, so it might work for you, idk: https://deck.tk/3aOx7GJe . All in all though its a cool deck idea.

To fix that life-gain problem I run Everlasting Torment in the sideboard. Agree, the mana pretty slow, but thats why I bring in Damping Sphere and Trinisphere in, to prevent the opponent from emptying their hand too hard from turn 2 and forward. If that doesn't help I got the semi-boardwipe with Sweltering Suns. Still probably going to be pretty hard to play against pure aggro decks like blitz or burn.

Wheel of Fate was something I thought about including, but that would make my deck even slower (Turn two play Wheel, turn 6 it actually gets cast), and I think Teferi's Puzzle Box is just better, as it's an artifact (matters for Molten Psyche) and repeats the effect over and over again.

I actually tried to find something better than Spiteful Visions (which also combos with Teferi's Puzzle Box in the way like Underworld Dreams does), but I wasn't able to find one.

A way to drop the mana curve would be another Howling Mine (like Font of Mythos) but not at 4 mana. I'll search for a good alternative, thanks for the advice ^^

tiempo009

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Abril 03, 2021, 01:39:27 am »
No problem. I guess I didn't look at some of the stuff close enough :) .