deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Breena, the Demagogue Pillow Hug EDH  (Gelesen 394 mal)

Firegriff

• Decks
Breena, the Demagogue Pillow Hug EDH
« am: April 16, 2021, 03:55:59 Nachmittag »
This is my first attempt at a group hug deck, but it's still a little bit too many cards.  Trying to decide what to take out, and if I have the right cards.  Also, definitely wanted to build around table politics to enable better deal making...

https://deckstats.net/decks/75927/2018337-silverquill-pillow-hug-edh

anjinsan

• Decks
Re: Breena, the Demagogue Pillow Hug EDH
« Antwort #1 am: April 16, 2021, 09:04:48 Nachmittag »
I started making a Breena deck recently, too - she's looking like a really cool Commander, and I think with all the new cards there's enough to make a truly political Black/White deck work. Unfortunately I think this was the one where Cockatrice (which I was using to build it) crashed on me halfway through, so I've only half a deck left... I'll finish it off soon though, for sure.

Your deck looks pretty fun, but I think it lacks focus. You say you want to do group hug, but then you actually have a lot of "slug" cards like Kambal, Mage Hunter, etc. You also say you want to do politics - but how much? Staxxy cards like Spelltithe Enforcer can support a pillowfort strategy, but aren't likely to make you any friends. Then you have Debtor's Knell which is an awesome card, but doesn't seem to fit into your strategy at all (this isn't a reanimator deck, you don't really have any way to mill opponents, etc).

There are also a few cards which just... don't seem that good to me. I don't know what kind of budget you're on, so there's that, but when you look at things like Crushing Disappointment or Owlin Shieldmage, I feel like there must surely be better alternatives.

In general, I feel like group hug needs a plan. Are you intending simply to out-value everyone by making sure that as everyone gains stuff, you gain more stuff? Are you actually just accelerating everyone in the hopes of digging for a combo? Personally, I much prefer political stuff - hugs, but targeted, you might say.

anjinsan

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: April 17, 2021, 07:07:07 Nachmittag »
If you're interested, this is my first stab here:
https://deckstats.net/decks/159622/2028759-demagoguery

It's not quite right, there's a bunch of cards I'd like to add and I haven't exactly tweaked the ratios a lot, but I tested it once and I liked the idea a lot - Wall of Shards was surprisingly really good. It made for a slightly fiddly but IMO interesting setup.

Firegriff

• Decks

Firegriff

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: April 18, 2021, 02:23:03 Vormittag »