deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: EDH Gaak Tokens - Comments  (Lu 154 fois)

Comment Bot

• Invité
EDH Gaak Tokens - Comments
« le: Juillet 03, 2021, 03:17:23 pm »

Gwallgo

• Decks
Re: EDH Gaak Tokens - Comments
« Réponse #1 le: Juillet 03, 2021, 03:17:23 pm »
Hi, you left a comment on my deck.

Your deck has a very similar strategy to mine. Filling my graveyard to play Hogaak and use his high cmc and power for value. I couldn't fill my graveyard consistently but I think your deck is better equipped to do that since you run way more selfmill.
Perpetual Timepiece is something you should look at . Protecting your graveyard from hate while milling yourself for two is an exceptional good deal.

One notable exclusion with your combo is Zombie Infestation. You can sac Hogaak to Greater Good and make two zombies with it to be able to play him again for drawing your deck. This also works with Desecrated Tomb if you delve away a creature. This allows you to draw your deck.

You already have Kozonda Guildmage and Phyrexian Altar so if you draw your deck with the previous combo you can set up your wincons way easier. Pitiless Plunderer also works as a replacement for Phyrexian Altar

Cards I thought were strong in my deck were Carrion and Chatterfang. Especially Carrion is something to pick up since it's Reserved List and not that expensive yet. A second tend the pests is nothing to laugh at. Chatterfang is basically a token doubler that fuels the Hogaak engine very nicely.
Turntimber Sower is a guilty pleasure of mine that turns the lands you mill into fodder for Hogaak, which also pairs nicely with Gitrog if you enjoy land based synergies. If Cabal Coffers is outside your budget you should really consider Cabal Stronghold since you run Urborg.

Happy brewing :)

killer_eye

• Decks
Re: EDH Gaak Tokens - Comments
« Réponse #2 le: Juillet 03, 2021, 05:24:23 pm »
thanks for dropping by and share your ideas. I didn’t know the desecrated tomb infinite combo until today, I’d put it on the maybe list as I’m more inclined with zombie infestation over tomb as it has more synergy with the overall game plan and also has synergy with living death and incarnation technique. I’m trying to figure out what to cut for zombie infestation and carrion.

For Perpetual Timepiece, it didn’t cross my mind yet about protecting my graveyard. I’ll put it in the maybe list as I play more games and see if I need that. 

For Chatterfang, as much as possible I’d like to have a stand alone creature or something that requires less support. The recent card I’m testing with almost same function (token producer) is scute swarm, I’m very impressed with how easy it is to support it’s triggered ability. There’s more than 30% land cards in the deck + land tutors and it’s very easy to rebuild the board with scute swarm alone.