deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt spoilers  (Read 5444 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt spoilers
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2021, 03:58:46 pm »

Contortionist Troupe
XG
Creature - Human
Contortionist Troupe enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 Counters

Coven - At the beginning of your end step, if you control three creatures with different power, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.

Illus. Jesper Ejsing   0/0

Commander
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 06:18:41 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2021, 06:21:04 pm »
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 06:53:33 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2021, 02:32:52 am »
Vampire Socialite and Falkenrath Pit Fighter have made me huge impression to the point that I'm willing to include them in my Falkenrath Vampire Innistradia. However, further iterations of the deck can also consider the other upcoming Vampire-centered set in Innistrad: "Crimson Vow" after 2 months ahead. Since, as stated and widely known I am Tribal player and I only look further and expect only several cards from each upcoming and ongoing Standard-to-Modern set. It's unlikely that beside those 2 cards, I will like something else, since there aren't any other covered Tribes in Innistrad except Zombies, Humans, Werewolves and Vampires.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 05:14:56 pm by Elan Morin Tedronai »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2021, 01:40:52 pm »
As previously mentioned I really like Champion of the Perished. I also am really high on the possibilities for Wilhelt, the Rotcleaver. I just haven't decided if I want to use him in my Varina deck or if I want to build around him. I have to admit, I'm the most excited for him that I have been for any legendary in the past several sets.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 06:10:49 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2021, 04:23:46 pm »
Is it just me, or more and more cards are just huge wall of text in these recent sets?

It feels like most of the time I just get bored halfway through reading them...
Golgari is life. And death.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2021, 05:25:03 pm »
Is it just me, or more and more cards are just huge wall of text in these recent sets?

To be real honest, with these past few sets there's some cards I missed part of because I tend to zone out on reading the rest of the card if the first part doesn't grab my interest.
This space for rent.

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2021, 02:16:21 pm »

To be real honest, with these past few sets there's some cards I missed part of because I tend to zone out on reading the rest of the card if the first part doesn't grab my interest.

Yeah, same. The most egregious case have been the MDFC legendaries from Strixhaven. I think I've read just a couple of them before getting bored, and even for those I absolutely can't remember what they do.

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2021, 01:51:20 am »
Spectral Adversary
1U
Creature - Spirit
Flash

Flying

When Spectral Adversary enters the battlefield, you may pay 1U any number of times. When you pay this cost one or more times, put that many +1/+1 counters on Spectral Adversary, then up to that many other target artifacts, creatures, and/or enchantments phase out.
   2/1

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2021, 08:39:17 am »

Ok, this definitely caught my attention. According to the translations:

Sorcery, costs 1 less for each creature on the battlefield: Destroy all creatures.

This has to be one of the best board wipes in the format alongside with Blasphemous Act, Toxic Deluge and Cyclonic Rift, right?

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2021, 08:42:00 am »
Whoa, white got a Blasphemous Act like discount on a board wipe. Interesting.

Reminds me of Josu Vess, Lich Knight in some ways. The ability isn't on cast/kicker so you could do it with a reanimation situation as well but at the same time I'm not sure how it will actually play (how many times it would sit in my hand with other things I want to do instead).
This space for rent.

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2021, 08:56:42 am »
Reminds me of Josu Vess, Lich Knight in some ways. The ability isn't on cast/kicker so you could do it with a reanimation situation as well but at the same time I'm not sure how it will actually play (how many times it would sit in my hand with other things I want to do instead).

I feel that this cycle is stronger in 60-cards formats than in EDH, where the effect tends to not be strong enough for the mana cost, but I may be wrong.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2021, 09:05:17 am »

I feel that this cycle is stronger in 60-cards formats than in EDH, where the effect tends to not be strong enough for the mana cost, but I may be wrong.

I can see that. Seems pretty spot on.

As for the card you posted, that could potentially be among the best wipes in the format now.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 09:07:34 am by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2021, 06:43:54 pm »
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2021, 02:47:36 pm »

:o
This space for rent.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2021, 04:26:55 pm »
Holy $#!+.  It wasn't enough to make the now-ubiquitous "everything gets this set's mechanic" card, but they had to make everything UNCOUNTERABLE too?  Seriously?  Snapcaster Mage is (ETA: WAS) already banned in at least one format; they had to make one that's THAT MUCH better?

What's that?  People ONLY cast Counterspells with Snapcaster, and the effect is symmetrical so it's bad?  As if.  I'm just about done with the powercreep in Standard.  Other formats and I MIGHT not care, but this will be IN STANDARD.  WTF WOTC.

ETA: Apparently the Banlist page was bugged and Snapcaster isn't banned in Modern.  That's about the third time I've had to triple reference something, but it was something different each time.  Gatherer and Scryfall said otherwise, and when I went back it was fixed.  I apologize for the confusion.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 06:41:24 pm by jlutzxinc »