deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: If you could create any one card, what would it be?  (Read 5029 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: If you could create any one card, what would it be?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 02:36:48 am »
There we go. Hope you enjoy these.

Congrats, you're all my inspiration for cards that I would like to see (while knowing that these will never be printed). There are a bunch of hidden jokes and references so let's see if you can catch them all. I'd like to get an apology out to the users that didn't get a card featured here, as there were others that I wanted to make a card for. I tried real hard, but couldn't come up with anything in time for the deadline I had set.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 04:53:55 am »
I am honored.  Thank you very much.
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 01:50:41 pm »
Absolutely love them!
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2021, 02:05:40 pm »
One more, and yes it's a Zombie...

This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2021, 03:21:51 pm »
Congrats, you're all my inspiration for cards that I would like to see (while knowing that these will never be printed). There are a bunch of hidden jokes and references so let's see if you can catch them all. I'd like to get an apology out to the users that didn't get a card featured here, as there were others that I wanted to make a card for. I tried real hard, but couldn't come up with anything in time for the deadline I had set.
I'm so touched you made a card for me, it's so cool!!! It's crazy that we've never met irl and have only played together once but your card is exactly the commander I would want to build. I would probably tear both Ezuri and Meren apart to build that, not even kidding.

And boy, is it perfect, especially when paired with Red_Wyrm's. It combines the 2 themes I love playing most (tribal + graveyard). In addition (and I don't know if this was intentional) it even pairs well with some more hidden/subthemes push some commanders over the edge for me (mainly activated abilities because I can reduce their cost & copy them). The partner is an incredible touch, and flavor text

I'll try to guess some hidden themes for my card:

• Like I said, I find activated abilities to be super cool; 4 of the 5 commanders I've built have activated abilities
  • It gives very familiar vibes to Meren in terms of the mana cost & reanimation, to Ezuri in terms of being a 2/2 elf, and to Osgir in terms of the mana cost & exile clause
  • The flavor text between Red_Wyrm and I vaguely reminds me of a thread where someone asked for suggestions regarding their next deck to build, but I can't find it. I may just be imagining things lol
I couldn't think of any hidden meaning in the image, though.

Anyways, all of these cards are super cool and I'm honored you made one for me. (and an insanely awesome one at that!)

I love this community.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2021, 05:01:10 pm »

• Like I said, I find activated abilities to be super cool; 4 of the 5 commanders I've built have activated abilities
  • It gives very familiar vibes to Meren in terms of the mana cost & reanimation, to Ezuri in terms of being a 2/2 elf, and to Osgir in terms of the mana cost & exile clause
  • The flavor text between Red_Wyrm and I vaguely reminds me of a thread where someone asked for suggestions regarding their next deck to build, but I can't find it. I may just be imagining things lol

There are admittedly more secrets here than for the other cards, because I designed both of these cards at the same time. Two cards, two users, twice as many secrets. Here's my thought process behind these two cards.

• First, I had to partner you two. The running joke that you two are a couple was just too perfect to not include.
  • Red_Wyrm has expressed several times how much he hates slivers, so I made a commander that hates on a specific creature type. It's also why the flavor text says "Choose Slivers".
  • Conversly, I know how much you like tribal themes, so I made a commander that loves a specific tribe. I also know how much you really like elves, so that's why the flavor text says "choose elves".
  • The image for Red_Wyrm is a crop of his profile pic. Your image is of a spartan from the Halo franchise that is casting a spell. Hence, Wizard-Spartan. The bolas horns are a nice coincidence.
  • You like elves so I knew elves had to be a creature type. Wizard was also obvious and soldier is the closest thing to a spartan.
  • Green-black was chosen partially because a lot of elves are in those colours, but chosen mostly to pay homage to your previous username, GolgariFTW.
  • Fun little tidbit, the two commanders don't have to choose the same creature type. Gives a little more room for designing a deck. You can pick the same type to destroy and then reanimate your opponents things, or you can hate on ine type and reanimate your own things.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2021, 12:43:12 am »

There are admittedly more secrets here than for the other cards, because I designed both of these cards at the same time. Two cards, two users, twice as many secrets. Here's my thought process behind these two cards.

• First, I had to partner you two. The running joke that you two are a couple was just too perfect to not include.
  • Red_Wyrm has expressed several times how much he hates slivers, so I made a commander that hates on a specific creature type. It's also why the flavor text says "Choose Slivers".
  • Conversly, I know how much you like tribal themes, so I made a commander that loves a specific tribe. I also know how much you really like elves, so that's why the flavor text says "choose elves".
  • The image for Red_Wyrm is a crop of his profile pic. Your image is of a spartan from the Halo franchise that is casting a spell. Hence, Wizard-Spartan. The bolas horns are a nice coincidence.
  • You like elves so I knew elves had to be a creature type. Wizard was also obvious and soldier is the closest thing to a spartan.
  • Green-black was chosen partially because a lot of elves are in those colours, but chosen mostly to pay homage to your previous username, GolgariFTW.
  • Fun little tidbit, the two commanders don't have to choose the same creature type. Gives a little more room for designing a deck. You can pick the same type to destroy and then reanimate your opponents things, or you can hate on ine type and reanimate your own things.
Wow, there's a lot I missed. That's really, really neat. I don't play Halo, but that connection makes sense

You've made my day month, Morg. Thanks :D

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2021, 06:07:00 am »
0 mv instant with split second as you cast this spell if it's your turn you can pay wwuu destroy all non human creatures

BlackFox0117

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2021, 06:21:02 am »
If we're being serious, I think it'd be cool to see a card that causes special actions to use the stack. You want to morph? Use the stack. You want to play a land? Use the stack. Companion? Foretell? USE. THE. STACK.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2021, 12:54:02 pm »
If we're being serious, I think it'd be cool to see a card that causes special actions to use the stack. You want to morph? Use the stack. You want to play a land? Use the stack. Companion? Foretell? USE. THE. STACK.
Why, though? Special actions are cool in my opinion specifically because they don't use the stack.

Mana abilities are cool as well, once played against a deck that used infinite mana abilities to attempt to pay for a random spell and it won that way. The deck is based around Selvala, Explorer Returned, Skirge Familiar and Blightsteel Colossus forcing everyone else except the player to draw their deck and lose the game. Can't be responded to since it's all mana abilities, it was really cool to play against it.

I would love to see more cards with special mana abilities, i.e. they do something other than add mana at the same time as they produce mana.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

BlackFox0117

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2021, 04:55:59 am »
Why, though? Special actions are cool in my opinion specifically because they don't use the stack.

Mana abilities are cool as well, once played against a deck that used infinite mana abilities to attempt to pay for a random spell and it won that way. The deck is based around Selvala, Explorer Returned, Skirge Familiar and Blightsteel Colossus forcing everyone else except the player to draw their deck and lose the game. Can't be responded to since it's all mana abilities, it was really cool to play against it.

I would love to see more cards with special mana abilities, i.e. they do something other than add mana at the same time as they produce mana.

Magic has long history of making cards with effects of "you can now do this thing that you normally can't do" and "you can't do this thing that you normally could do", so it'd be neat to see them make an effect like I said. It'd really only affect land playing to get the needed Mana, and I think it'd make players think about plays a lot more, akin to how they do when a blue player has Mana up on others' turns.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2021, 12:51:49 pm »
Magic has long history of making cards with effects of "you can now do this thing that you normally can't do" and "you can't do this thing that you normally could do", so it'd be neat to see them make an effect like I said. It'd really only affect land playing to get the needed Mana, and I think it'd make players think about plays a lot more, akin to how they do when a blue player has Mana up on others' turns.
I feel like this would cause judges some headaches. Special actions exist for a reason and eliminating that would eliminate some core elements of the game. I wouldn't touch that too much.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Jugadormolon.1

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2021, 04:03:19 pm »
Fair version of mental misstep!
😉

acedabeast

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2021, 07:15:42 pm »
well i would add in more white counter spells... needs more viability in edh

credion

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2021, 08:50:23 pm »
well i would add in more white counter spells... needs more viability in edh

Well i've pondered kind of couterspell for white.