deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Phoenix Aggro - Comments  (Lida 300 vezes)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
Phoenix Aggro - Comments
« em: Setembro 13, 2021, 08:42:18 pm »

Canuhk

• Decks
Re: Phoenix Aggro - Comments
« Responder #1 em: Setembro 13, 2021, 08:42:18 pm »
Love this deck idea! I'm trying to get into Pioneer so I was looking for something budget but still unique.

Any thoughts on some easy upgrades if you were going to take it from the $20 range to the $50 or $100 range?

DocShay

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Outubro 05, 2021, 06:55:14 pm »
Hey Canuhk! Sorry for such a delay in response I've been a bit tied up with other things in life! Thanks for the interest in the deck and I appreciate the comment. I have had this deck for a bit over a year and have hardly tweaked it. But it still remains one of the most consistent in it's play style, and amount of wins I get. It's quick, has removal, hard to block flying haste damage, and creatures that come back. So I have had a hard time finding new cards to put in. Even some more "expensive meta" or those types of cards I find I don't NEED to put in here. Sure maybe they can but I get satisfaction in beating a $200 deck with a $20 deck. That being said it's not what you asked and I'm hoping to help provide maybe even just a few answers. So I didn't do too much of a deep dive but a few cards I can think of initially, that I at times wanted to put in were:

4x Eidolon of the Great Revel
2x Den of the Bugbear
2x Chandra, Torch of Defiance
4x Storm's Wrath (Cheap but deck needs a wipe, especially with phoenix' that return)
maybe 2x-4x Arclight Phoenix

Canuhk

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Outubro 06, 2021, 12:08:09 am »
Hey, no worries on the delay, really appreciate it! I actually put together the deck myself and played my first game against a buddy's more meta mono-black deck, but you're totally right. The burn + the constant pressure from the phoenixes made all of our games really really close. He started out with thoughtseize and realized he's going to lose 2 life only to remove a shock from my hand anways.

I notice you have to win quickly or you run out of steam a little, but maybe that's just the nature of mono-red. The Chandras would probably be great for when you need to be a little grindier.