deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Advice needed - Omnath, Locus of Mana  (Read 2320 times)

pendraggon87

• Decks

pendraggon87

• Decks
Re: Advice needed - Omnath, Locus of Mana
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2021, 09:21:19 pm »

Revision 23

Added/removed cards:
+1 Song of the Dryads

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2021, 08:26:10 pm »
I would strongly consider Greater Good and other effects that make instant speed use of Omnath being large and having lots of mana available.

Also, I would replace cards like Creeping Mold that have strictly better alternatives.

You removed Primal Surge, but with large amounts of mana, Genesis Wave can be just as good or better.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

pendraggon87

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2021, 03:01:18 pm »
I would strongly consider Greater Good and other effects that make instant speed use of Omnath being large and having lots of mana available.

Also, I would replace cards like Creeping Mold that have strictly better alternatives.

You removed Primal Surge, but with large amounts of mana, Genesis Wave can be just as good or better.

Thanks for the advice!  I still have Genesis Wave in which I like.  What would you replace Creeping Mold with?  Greater good definitely seems like a good option, hadn't thought of it before.  The discarding worries me though since I don't have much that can bring stuff back from the graveyard if I lose anything valuable.

Any other tips on items to cut or bring in?  I miss having Earthcraft, city of solitude and ground seal.

Schau

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2021, 03:17:55 pm »
Greater good definitely seems like a good option, hadn't thought of it before.  The discarding worries me though since I don't have much that can bring stuff back from the graveyard if I lose anything valuable.

Discarding generally isn't that much of a problem because you will be drawing more cards than you are discarding allowing you to net more cards and the cards that you discard will be worse than the ones you keep.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2021, 03:54:24 pm »
Creeping Mold hits lands, but unless somebody's running The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale in your meta, I would just run Nature's Claim or Return to Nature.

I would also suggest leaning into either big green or voltron to tighten up your strategy. I wouldn't put cards like Champion of Lambholdt and Loxodon Warhammer in the same deck.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

pendraggon87

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2021, 04:59:50 pm »
Creeping Mold hits lands, but unless somebody's running The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale in your meta, I would just run Nature's Claim or Return to Nature.

I would also suggest leaning into either big green or voltron to tighten up your strategy. I wouldn't put cards like Champion of Lambholdt and Loxodon Warhammer in the same deck.

Thanks for the tips!  I like the idea of going big, because I've found that strategies that solely rely on the commander are pretty tough to execute on.  I typically just play 1v1, and sometimes with 2 other people.  We aren't a super competitive group either.  I like the idea of being able to swing with Omnath and trample for funsies, and use strong crits like pathbreaker ibex or siege behemoth to assist, but also feel more comfortable when there are alternate strategies assuming Omnath is not around

pendraggon87

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2021, 10:37:53 pm »

Revision 24

Added/removed cards:
+1 Wirewood Lodge