deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Gruul Bangers for Reed - Comments  (Lu 429 fois)

Comment Bot

• Invité
Gruul Bangers for Reed - Comments
« le: Novembre 26, 2021, 09:19:19 pm »

jabe

• Decks
Re: Gruul Bangers for Reed - Comments
« Réponse #1 le: Novembre 26, 2021, 09:19:19 pm »
Here are my notes -

Remove (12 or 13): borgardon hellkite (high cmc), demanding dragon (v meh), dragonmaster outcast (does nothing), hoard-smelter dragon (high cmc), shivan hellkite (high cmc), Bag of tricks (too variable), heirloom blade (a really roundabout way to get card advantage), colossal majesty (pure dogshite), decree of savagery (high cmc), wild endeavor (high cmc), 1 or 2 lands, magmaquake (pyrohemia is better version).

Add:
Card Draw (1): elemental bond / Wheel of misfortune / skullclamp
Removal (2): chaos warp, pyrohemia
Ramp (1): Domri, anarch of bolas (also can make commander fight things to get dragon tokens)
Dice rolling / dragon tokens (3 or 4): Reckless endeavor, the deck of many things, delina, wild mage, hoarding ogre/sylvan shepherd (maybe if you leaning into dice rolling)
Pinger synergy /dragon tokens (1 or 2): Brash Taunter, harbinger of the hunt, shake the foundations, hammer of nazhan / withstand death / mortal's resolve, viridian longbow (maybe)

These seem really fun (3): where ancients tread, stalking vengeance, rite of passage

jabe

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Novembre 26, 2021, 10:28:13 pm »
oh yeah and this seems to make a lot of sense: Dragon Tempest

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Novembre 29, 2021, 02:33:47 pm »
I agree with all of this. I think for the 2 lands, we should cut Crucible of the Spirit Dragon and Underdark Rift.

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Novembre 29, 2021, 02:39:28 pm »
I think we should cut explore too and stick a STEve in there.
We could do elemental bond and greater good (down to $1.50)

Jacky_Treehorn

• Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Décembre 02, 2021, 04:53:07 pm »
I like where the deck is at! One general note is that I think the first ability of the comamdner shoudl be the focus, dice roll cards are all kind of bad and its easier to build a good dragon deck with direct damage synergy and only use the good dice roll cards as gravy.

I agree with all od Justin's sugestions, except I would (1) leave in dragonmaster outcast, with green land ramp this has a lot of upside for 1 mana (5 power and dragons are both relevent stats in this speciifc deck), and (2) not cut Magmaquake - I agree pyrohemia is better - but we want many copies of this effect (see above - I think damage, not dice, should be the focus)!

Also - don't cut Component Pouch! This shitty 3cmc rock is actually pretty great with this commander.

Here's what I would cut:

Commander's Sphere
Gruul Signet
Reckless Endeavor (too expensive – no treasure synergy)
Maddening Hex (this isn’t letting us roll dice – and as far a damage there’s really no synergy with this deck)
Hoarding Ogre (just bad – 4cmc - no haste – going to attack once and probably die)
Barbarian Class (we’re not actually rolling many dice)
Chain Reaction (only if adding Blasphemous Act, which is better, otherwise it’s fine - the issue with bioth is that we can't control the amount of damage)
Earth-Cult Elemental (too expensive for one dice roll – also not a dragon)
Indomitable Might
Opportunistic Dragon
Skyship Stalker

Add:

Farseek
Kodama’s reach
Goblin Anarchomancer
Earthquake
Magmaquake
Lathliss, Dragon Queen
Drakuseth, Maw of Flames
Blasphemous Act
Rhythm of the Wild
Goblin Bombardment (I think the 5/4 token’s ability goes on the stack after damage, so you can just sac it to this in response and make a new 5/4! – SPICEY!!)
Dragonmaster Outcast
Anara, Wolvid Familiar

Utility Lands – can any number of forest/mountains for something with upside.

Skarrg, the Rage Pits
Spinerock Knoll
Tyrite Sanctum
Bonders' Enclave
Khalni Ambush // Khalni Territory
Kazuul's Fury // Kazuul's Cliffs
Crucible of the Spirit Dragon

Jacky_Treehorn

• Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Décembre 02, 2021, 05:28:44 pm »
Also - I'm thinking Bag of tricks may be worth keeping - with our comander this is nettting you a 5/4 token and a creature from the deck - not bat for a repeatable 5 mana.

With my additons we may have too much ramp and a little lght on card draw - so this could take the spot of one. Not really a big deal either way, just an idea.

Jacky_Treehorn

• Decks
« Réponse #7 le: Décembre 02, 2021, 05:34:18 pm »
Last thing - lol

If we keep Bag of tricks - I'll donate my Utvara hellkite for the 8drop slot.

I would cut Wulfgar of Icewind Dale - we only have 3 on attack triggers (after cutting Hoarding Ogre) and 2 of them are ramp effects.