deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Deckstats Matchmaking Thread  (Leído 1125 veces)

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Deckstats Matchmaking Thread
« en: Mayo 16, 2022, 10:40:13 am »
Hello everyone,

It appears that there is a bit of an appetite for people to use this site to organise games among its users, so here is a thread where we can start to do that. If it proves popular, there could be potential to give it its own section in the forums.

This will be a self organising exercise. Once people have decided they want to jam, it is up to them to sort out the finer details.

To aid this process, there are things we can include in our posts to help make sure everyone gets that kind of game they want.

When posting, please ensure you include the following details:

-----

1. Format

EDH/Modern/Standard/Vintage etc.

-----

2. Power Level

Include details on the kind of game you are looking to get out of this experience. In EDH, this can mean a whole plethora of things as many of the format regulars will already be aware, but this discussion can also be relevant in other formats too. If you have a new modern brew you are looking to test out, you might want to put it up against the best of the best, or might want to run it through a gauntlet of all kinds of power levels. Make sure you are explicit in your post.

-----

3. Platform

Most of these games are likely to take place online, so make sure you include your preferred/available platform(s) in your post.

MTG Arena, MTGO, Untap.in, Cockatrice, Spelltable etc.

-----

4. Availability / Time zones.

Deckstats has users from all over the world, so include in your post details of when you will be available for games, but also include your timezone so people are able to discern their own equivalent to see if they are available at the same time.

For example, "I'm available Weds and Thurs evenings, GMT".

-----

5. Other relevant information

If there is anything else you think might be worth covering in your post, include it here.

-----

What we'll hopefully end up with is a thread with posts that look like this:

"Hi all, I'm looking to play some games!

1. Format: EDH
2. Power Level: Jank
3. Platform: Spelltable
4. Availability: Sat (21st) afternoon, GMT
5. Other: Proxies welcome!

Let me know if anyone is around and fancies it"

-----

Again, it would be expected that this process is self organising. If you see a post that is looking for the sort of game you want, how you organise it is up to you. Responding in thread to acknowledge the desire to join (and let others know you're interested), then sorting out the finer details via Personal Messaging would likely be the sweet spot.

Hopefully this is something that can thrive and we can create a great community of people getting games with each other (in addition to the great community we already have of people interacting a talking MTG with each other). If you get games through this thread, be sure to report back on how the games went, what the highlights were etc. I know I'll be interested to hear about it and I'm sure others would too.

Happy Matchmaking!