deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Votação

Where do you prefer to play Commander online?

MTGO
0 (0%)
SpellTable
4 (23.5%)
Tabletop Simulator
2 (11.8%)
Cockatrice
5 (29.4%)
Untap
5 (29.4%)
Straight webcam
0 (0%)
XMage
1 (5.9%)

Votos totais: 14

Autor Tópico: Where do you prefer to play Commander online?  (Lida 1212 vezes)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Where do you prefer to play Commander online?
« em: Junho 16, 2022, 12:34:04 am »
So we've had about two years of on-and-off lockdowns where playing online were our only options. Out of curiosity, which of these do you prefer to use when you want to play commander? Do you like the simplicity of using a webcam? Do you like the ease of reading digital cards? What's your preference?

Quick overview of what these things are:

MTGO: Literally, "Magic: the Gathering Online". You play with digital cards but you have to pay for them.
SpellTable: Owned by Wizards of the Coast, you play using a webcam and your real, physical, kinda-dirty-but-at-least-they're-in-a-sleeve cards. Free to use.
Tabletop Simulator: There are a bunch of nerd culture games to be found on here, and Magic is one of them. You play using digital cards. There is an upfront cost you have to pay.
Cokatrice: Free to use but requires a download. Play with digital cards and there is lots of customizability if you care about that.
Untap.in: Free to use and you play in your browser (no download). Play with digital cards.
Straight Webcam: This is where you have a Discord or Skype video call with some of your friends using physical cards.

Also I have moderator powers, so if there was something that I missed, include it in your reply and I'll add it to the poll.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
Re: Where do you prefer to play Commander online?
« Responder #1 em: Junho 16, 2022, 11:54:26 am »
As I love to play with paper cards, Spelltable is basically everything I use to play online.

I've played on Cockatrice sometimes (although not EDH), but I find the interface a bit too cumbersome. Never tried MTGO.
Golgari is life. And death.

Maxix

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Junho 16, 2022, 04:26:08 pm »
I use xmage (https://xmage.de/). Entirely free even though you have to download the app, and available on Windows/Mac/Linux too !
What sets it apart in my opinion is the possibility to play against IA, so I mainly use it to test deck before comitting to buy cards or decks.

_shift

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Junho 24, 2022, 06:58:19 pm »
I love TTS, it is probably the easiest way to play commander TBH