deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Combodeck: Unicorn Stampede  (Read 641 times)

r3id3r

• Decks
Combodeck: Unicorn Stampede
« on: July 08, 2022, 05:08:54 pm »
I would like some feedback on this Deck and maybe some tips on how to improve it.

The gameplan is to get of an infinite combo which generates tons of unicorns to trample you opponent.
I'm not playing any tournaments so the legality for specific formats doesn't matter.

Deck: unicorn stampede

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
Re: Combodeck: Unicorn Stampede
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 06:07:37 pm »
On what particular format are you building it? It's solid idea. I would recommend to make the deck: Mono-White. Why? Only Cliffhaven Vampire is Black-White. Also to notice that this way you don't need more than 22 lands with mana value not more than 5. Personal experience in many of my Tribals. I don't play with mana value 5-6 more than 21-22 lands. Make it Mono-White and why don't you play Rumor Gatherer? It serves the same thing and gives draw a card ability. It's your deck and your decision. Make it Modern Mono-White and get rid off Cliffhaven Vampire. You can put 1 Mentor of the Meek, which also gives draw a card ability but not more, since I don't use it except occasionally and it's just for the flavor.

EDIT: You can play Mark of Asylum instead of the Unicorn-idea and enter Modern. You can also put Pentarch Ward for additional card draw and play not more than 20 lands with mana value not more than 4, this way with Mono-White.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 06:19:03 pm by Elan Morin Tedronai »

r3id3r

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 06:31:33 pm »
Thanks for your reply. It's for kitchentable magic with friends. To make it mono-white I would also need to remove Profane Tutor.

I like Mark of Asylum, but removing Cliffhaven Vampire and Blessed Sanctuary from the deck would be 2 less win conditions in it.

I will probably try it anyway because your changes might make it a very fast deck.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 12:04:44 pm »
Really, r3id3r. Try it. There are other with Suspend in this case if you want: Chronomantic Escape is not bad; Divine Congregation also is good; Heroes Remembered is also Modern. Make it faster for sure if you make it Mono-White. Not more than 20-22 lands in this case. Kitchentable might also be enjoyable Modern at FNMs, r3id3r. At least in my cases as I have lot of Tribals. But it's your deck and your call. Mono White Lifelink really would work great, especially with Felidar Sovereign. You virtually don't need Black, r3id3r.

wtyrrel

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 01:06:33 am »
why on earth would unicorn deck be black??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 09:50:27 am »
I think people are missing the point that this is a combo deck, not a tribal deck... Profane Tutor is vital to find the pieces, so you should definitely keep black to support it.

Here's a real suggestion: Corpse Knight triggers for life loss on your creatures' ETBs, so it skips the need for the second card that Cliffhaven Vampire needs! I would suggest replacing your 4x Knight of Cliffhaven, which doesn't directly relate to the combo (that I can see :o) with 4 copies of Corpse Knight to increase your chances of assembling a lethal board! Completing that playset of Profane Tutor would also be really useful in guaranteeing that you find the Blessed Sanctuary or one of the blinkers.

And if you wanted to get extra combo-centric, you could even swap in a playset of Flickerwisp to further increase your chances of assembling that combo. It does the job of either of the other two blinkers. These could potentially replace Consulate Skygate, since that 3 power is good for deterring attacks. Decent chump blocker in addition to being a combo piece.

My final note would be that you could probably cut down to 22 lands, as Elan said. It's a pretty low-to-the-ground deck, so having a higher concentration of draws that affect the table would be welcome. Also a higher ratio of white:black in the manabase would be good. If you have a little bit of budget, Shineshadow Snarl would be a good replacement for your guildgates.

Overall, the deck looks cool, if a tiny bit slow to assemble. But I'm betting the reason it isn't optimal is because of budget - if you had unlimited cash, you would have Marsh Flats instead of guildgates. This is a fun idea for a budget kitchen-table build, so good on you!

r3id3r

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 04:39:44 pm »
Hey, thank you for your advice. I think I will use corpse knight instead of knight of cliffhaven. The purpose for it was to have a cheap early game creature which can be Upgraded for midgame. But corpse knight will serve the Deck better i beliebte.

I might swap one or two basic lands for another profane tutor after playtesting a bit, to see if it stays consistent with less lands.