deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Zaxara Deck - Cutting Cards Help  (Read 344 times)

shippo84

• Decks
Zaxara Deck - Cutting Cards Help
« on: September 01, 2022, 06:02:57 pm »
Hi:))

Could anyone help me out cutting cards from this this Deck...I think I need some new eyes looking at them, because I can't decide anymore xDD

The mana base isn't done on purpose. I'll start doing it after the 100 cards are final.

https://deckstats.net/decks/141217/2700609-zaxara-the-exemplary

thx:)

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Zaxara Deck - Cutting Cards Help
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 07:13:50 pm »
A good strategy is to break the decklist up into sections.  These sections describe why those cards are in the deck.  Ramp, card draw, and removal are sections that every deck needs.  The sections can be as small as one card, or as large as they need to be.

When you've got a section that seems excessively large, that's the first place to make some cuts.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 07:48:32 pm by ApothecaryGeist »
Happy Brewing!
:)

fluffyp

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 07:40:38 pm »
I would maybe consider cutting Gyre Sage.  It doesn't work the way you think with Zaxara because the tokens actually enter as 0/0 creatures THEN you put counters on them, so they don't trigger the Gyre Sage.  Sorry, it's only one cut out of a few, but that's the first that really caught my eye :)

shippo84

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 10:38:43 pm »
Thank you very much! this will help me a lot!

and every cut counts ;D