deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Please help me build my storm deck (Dominaria Remastered Casual Constructed)  (Read 378 times)

Seabie

• Decks
I'm trying to build a storm deck using cards from Dominaria Remastered only. I always use the same restrictions when I build my casual decks: no mythics, only 1 of each rare, only 2 of each uncommon and 4 of each common. I have to cut a few cards, but I have no experience playing storm. Can you help me cut some cards, or maybe suggest some cards that I'm missing?

https://deckstats.net/decks/2657/2871227-izzet-storm-deck-dmr-casual-

Whitebeard0o

• Decks
but I have no experience playing storm

Storm basicly needs something, that allows to draw and play a lot of cards to pump up your Storm Count. Cards like Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual and other drives it further. Cards like Tendrils of Agony needs only a Count of 10 to be lethal. Grapeshot or Empty the warrens needs 20 at least.

Are you sure about your restrictions?

Seabie

• Decks
Thanks for the advice! The deck will be played against other decks that are build with the same constrictions, so yes, I'm sure about them. I'm sure the deck would be better with your inclusions though. But, considering the constrictions for this deck, I think the build is quite okay, right?

Whitebeard0o

• Decks
Ok, I just checked the list from Dominaria remasterd and I belive something like Burn+Storm would be a good way.

You have Chain Lightning, Coal Stoker, Fireblast, Gamble, Grim Lavamancer, Grapeshot, Overmaster, Spark Spray, Assault // Battery

Maybe a Combo with Skirk Prospector + Empty the Warrens
Quicksilver Dagger + High Tide + Horseshoe Crab for Drawing cards

Useful Artifacts could be Mind Stone

Cheap spells for the Stack are Ornithopter + Tormod's Crypt