deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: CMC tribal. What are you picking and why?  (Read 1206 times)

CleanBelwas

• Decks
CMC tribal. What are you picking and why?
« on: February 17, 2023, 07:37:24 pm »
For reasons that will be obvious to anyone who saw my previous post, I've been thinking a lot about decks where everything is the same CMC.

I'm currently brewing 1 drop tribal and already have what is essentially 2 drop tribal but for a Lurrus companion, a sol ring and a few eggs.

I think objectively 3 is probably the sweet spot. That seems to be where the power level goes up a notch, especially in cards that are viable in commander, without leaving you until the late game before doing anything.

I'd still likely pick two though. My two drop tribal deck isn't good in a traditional sense. It doesn't win many games. But it does make me happy. Runs a lot of my favourite cards of all time. Wouldn't take much to make the adjustment.

For this thought experiment, you can totally cheat on mana cost too. X spells are whatever the non X portion is. Things like Greater Tanuki or Colossal skyturtle can be channelled.

So, if you were to build a deck like this, what would you build and why? Who would you pick to lead it?

Raketenudo

• Decks
Re: CMC tribal. What are you picking and why?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 08:17:51 pm »
So, I've already been going into this direction, at least a little bit (in Commander).
Inspired by the tiny leaders format, I wanted to know if you can go BIG with CMC<=3.
I've come up with Katilda Humans, running a lot of token producers and then some big X spells. It has it's main MV at 3 though, as, just as you said, powerlevel goes up a notch there.

Thing is, while the MV1 humans are important to spped this deck up, they're not essential.
I'd go with MV2, play Katilda alongside a lot of strong humans, token producers and then some big X spells and just see where it goes from there.

Link to my Katilda Deck:
https://deckstats.net/decks/135548/2727590-tl-katilda-big-mana-human-trib

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 06:34:32 pm »
I assume all transmute cards are an obvious choice here.
I'd then suggest Disciple of Deceit. It goes in a CC2 tribal, but if you're a bit flexible with the CC constraint it can work in any deck.

Simbala

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 10:26:17 am »
Personally I couldn't think of a better way to do this than an incredibly degenerate 1 cmc tribal with Ragavan as a commander.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 07:02:58 pm »
Colossal dreadmaw tribal. 6 mana 6/6s with trample only. Lead by O-Kagachi, Vegentful Kami
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

fire5167

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 03:40:30 am »
Colossal dreadmaw tribal. 6 mana 6/6s with trample only. Lead by O-Kagachi, Vegentful Kami

Please someone make this.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 04:16:36 pm »

Please someone make this.

It exists, sort of, but obviously not ALL Mana Value six.  ZoraLloid made one a couple of years ago.
Personally, I'd just love to make an Oops! all Cheerios! Deck featuring Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh, as a dig at people who try too hard to optimize their average (can't beat straight ZERO, now can you)?

I actually TRIED it, twice in fact, but there simply aren't enough cards to make a full hundred.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2023, 06:18:30 pm »
O-Kagachi is pretty good, but he'd be a lot better is he cost 4GG instead of 1WUBRG, and was a dinosaur instead of a Dragon Spirit, and all of the abilities besides trample were removed, and he was named Colossal Dreadmaw. (because some Unfinity cards care about vowels, so it's optimal to have fewer.)
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023, 09:32:47 pm »

Dactylartha

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2023, 05:07:08 am »
Tried to do Kalemne 5 cmc tribal* but it's really awful when Kalemne is hated on.

https://deckstats.net/decks/10564/2040377-kalemne-disciple-of-iroas-edh-/en

Abramelin

• Soon...
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2023, 06:03:07 pm »
Haktos and 4 cmc destroy all spells??????????
Maybe death is a gift