deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Baba Lysaga, Exploring Win Cons  (Leído 315 veces)

Bonethousand

• Decks
Baba Lysaga, Exploring Win Cons
« en: Marzo 03, 2023, 02:12:07 pm »
So, I've been working on a Baba Lysaga, Night Witch build for a little while and I'm having trouble. I'm used to brewing decks that swing, play jank, or generally go Big Timmy over the top. Value is completely foreign to me.

I think I'm honing in on it with this list, but the more I goldfish the deck, the more I ask the question, "How am I winning with this?" It just feels durdly and like it only gets halfway there, but I don't know how to close it out without comboing off (which I mostly shy away from). Any suggestions?

P.S.  I like to keep things relatively "budget," and the $20+ cards I either already own or have some trades lined up.

https://deckstats.net/decks/158324/2802217-this-house-got-legs-

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Baba Lysaga, Exploring Win Cons
« Respuesta #1 en: Marzo 03, 2023, 03:06:57 pm »
I've got a Baba Lysaga deck and I've found the most success when I play in to Baba's trigger.

I find that I don't actually need all that much fodder to sacrifice, as Baba cares about permanent types among sacrificed permanents, not number of permanents, and it's easy enough to cover multiple types with just one card. I played into artifacts more heavily for my fodder as these offer a wealth of options for good recursion strats and have natural synergy. Things like:

Scrapheap Scrounger
Scrap Trawler
Junk Diver
Myr Retriever
Workshop Assistant
A bunch of the new cheap unearth artifact creatures from Brother War like Ashnod's Harvester.
Marionette Master (a pet card, but arguably the card I've killed most people with in my time playing magic).

I then payed attention to what you gain from Baba's ability. You have some drain and gain and some card draw. This naturally lends itself well to aristocrats stuff like Blood Artist et. al. (I particularly like Bastion of Remembrance here as it creates and enchantment and a creature), but you can also play off the life gain too. Black/Green has loads of options for things that trigger when you gain life (especially from Strixhaven) like Dina, Soul Steeper, Defiant Bloodlord, Epicure of Blood, Sanguine Bond and Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose. I use these to get extra drains from each Baba activation and needless to say, draining for 6+ each time rather than 3 quickly adds up.

I also added Psychosis crawler as an artifact creature to sac for two types when needed, but also drains when Baba is activated because of the card draw.

All in all the deck plays mostly like an aristocrats deck, draining and gaining from sacrificing, but once it gets moving, those effects add up very quickly and don't take long before they are doing serious draining each turn. The best part is, like all good aristocrats decks, all the pieces are interchangeable. Baba facilitates your plan working at the most optimal speed, but it'll still do its thing without her.

I hope this helps or offers some food for thought. I'm interested to see where you take the deck, so please keep us updated.