deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Help with adding my collection  (Read 405 times)

Grimmlock

• Decks
Help with adding my collection
« on: March 05, 2023, 06:18:19 pm »
A friend told me about the card binder app recently and I started to scan a fraction of my cards (about 1240) and wanted it to add to deckstats, yet deckstats didn't recognize that format and some of the cards
here's an example of how it works
export_type   scryfall_uuid   set_code   quantity   foil_quantity   card_name   set_name   cardMarketId   english_card_name   lang   collector_number
card   60335c0a-69f8-4d2a-b678-5cef647a086b   brr   1   0   Ramos, Dragon Engine   The Brothers' War Retro Artifacts   -   Ramos, Dragon Engine   EN   110
card   00422097-3865-46d3-8e06-0159be3cd74f   stx   1   0   ・E」ョ・E、ァ・E・Eェ・Eュ・E・E・E・E・E」ォ   Strixhaven: School of Mages   -   Spectacle Mage   JA   235

After that I though on inputting the cards directly, but then realized, there seems to be no way to add old edition (e.g. Fourth) basic lands. I just cannot search for a simple fourth edition forest on
https://deckstats.net/collection/45350/manage
Edit:
I may need to clarify: I now know, I can Filter "name forest, color green, type land" and then try to select the right one from a huuuge dropdown menu, though honestly, that's a pain in the ass.
I'm looking for something simple, like searching "4ed, forest" or searching "name 4ed, type land, color green"
Also, I don't find where to input an other language version. I may be able to find a forest, but there is no way to search for a "Wald".

So could you help me with one or the other?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 07:28:11 pm by Grimmlock »

Nils

• Decks
Re: Help with adding my collection
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 02:58:03 pm »
The easiest way would be to use the collection CSV import feature: https://deckstats.net/collection/import/

You might have to rename a few columns in your exported file (eg. foil_quantitiy -> amount_foil) but if you select “Tab” as the separator it should be able to read your file. You can click on Supported columns to see the list of columns names we use.

If you want to type in a list manually, you could go to the same page, and select “Card List” and then “Paste”. You can see the format you need to use for this under “Formatting Help”. It will be something like “3 [4ED] Forest”.

Grimmlock

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 09:23:44 pm »
Thank you, it worked.
Importing into Excel and then renaming and reordering the columns is a bit of work, but it's quite manageable.

I have one last request, though:
Could you make the collection filter text also accept the names written on the cards?
It's little effort, if I have to input Forest instead of Wald or Darksteel Forge instead of ダークスティールの溶鉱炉 (writing the japanese isn't easy anyway), but if I want to search for my Street Fighter cards, it's a bit hard to have to look up the name Baldin, Century Herdmaster to find my card E. Honda, Sumo Champion.

Grimmlock

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 06:53:37 pm »
Well, I found a substitute. While it would be nice to be able search for the name printed on the card, I could always search for "Secret Lair", so it's not as important.