deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Any good Azorius commanders for this Mondrak combo?  (Lida 644 vezes)

Mellow, Interplanar Visionary

• Just another one of those nutjob decksmiths
  • Decks
Any good Azorius commanders for this Mondrak combo?
« em: Maio 17, 2023, 04:17:29 pm »
I found out about (well, was told about by the person who introduced me into magic when I pulled that card from a pack) a synergy between Mondrak, Glory Dominus and Vesuvan Duplimancy that could allow you to Make exponentially increasing amounts of Mondrak copies. right now I'm thinking of using Kwain, Itinerant Meddler since it won't matter if my enemies draw cards and gain life if they have to deal with 30-50 Mondraks in a single attack phase... but are there other White/Blue commanders that can help me get this synergy up and running ASAP?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Any good Azorius commanders for this Mondrak combo?
« Responder #1 em: Maio 17, 2023, 04:36:01 pm »
I don't know if you should be strictly within white and blue. The tutor package (search effects) is going to important for finding this synergy. White already has enchantment tutors for you to find Vesuvian Duplimancy. If you add green you'd get creature tutors to find Mondrak (Worldly Tutor, Time of Need). Adding black would give you access to tutors that find anything (Demonic Tutor, Profane Tutor).

Making this a three colour deck would help with this. When in doubt, you can always use Kenrith, the Returned King as your 5-colour goodstuff commander.

Mellow, Interplanar Visionary

• Just another one of those nutjob decksmiths
  • Decks
« Responder #2 em: Maio 17, 2023, 05:00:44 pm »
actually, a 3 color might be the best thing to shoot for, just not sure if I should play it safe with green or black, or just turn this into a full-on Jeskai token deck that abuses Mondrak, Glory Dominus, Vesuvan Duplimancy, and Zada, Hedron Grinder to effectively make my boardstate explode

Landale

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Maio 17, 2023, 08:25:55 pm »
Mondrak, Glory Dominus, Vesuvan Duplimancy, and Zada, Hedron Grinder to effectively make my boardstate explode
Vesuvan Duplimancy only cares about the cast, it won't trigger off of every copy Zada makes.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Responder #4 em: Maio 17, 2023, 08:46:53 pm »
Obligatory Esika, God of the Tree // The Prismatic Bridge and Ink-Treader Nephilim post for everyone who enjoys targeting stuff (for good or bad.) It's much less reliant on Mondrak, whom I wouldn't even include in this list, but it gives the same general feel, plus you get access to some superb draw options. (the Shadowmoor Wisps cycle, Renegade Tactics, Fists of Flame etc.)
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

Fuzzy2Wasy

• Decks
« Responder #5 em: Maio 18, 2023, 12:27:13 am »
I don't see the need for Vesuvan Diplomacy here tbh.  You still have to be targeting Mondrak, Glory Dominus with targeted spells that you cast (and only you). 

Why not have Mondrak be your commander in a mono white deck full of artifact tutors and protection, and grab your Helm of the Host

https://deckstats.net/decks/161626/3051939-how-many-mondraks-would-a-mond
« Última modificação: Maio 18, 2023, 01:19:50 am por Fuzzy2Wasy »

AlltheTokens

• Decks
« Responder #6 em: Maio 19, 2023, 09:36:38 am »
I second the motion to make it 3 color and submit for your approval Marneus Calgar from the 40k commander precons.  A commander that makes token and draws cards when tokens enter seems right for a combo that copies token doublers.  While you are at it you could make some copies of Anointed Procession with Extravagant Replication.