deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: About Galadriel of Lothlórien...  (Leído 537 veces)

EMaxxi

• Decks
About Galadriel of Lothlórien...
« en: Junio 12, 2023, 10:58:02 pm »
https://scryfall.com/card/ltr/321/galadriel-of-lothl%C3%B3rien

Do you think she'll be the next "Simic Big Thing"?

I skimmed through cards with scry on scryfall (ba-dum-tsss :P) and between the various Preordain/Serum Visions variants and repeatable effects like Thassa, God of the Sea, it feels so easy to scry multiple times per turn.
Also, the scry 3 on Galadriel herself is nothing to scoff at, you will likely find a land to put on top, and either put the rest on bottom or leave the card you need under the land to draw into it.
Also also, when it got spoiled I thought she costed 3GU :P At 1GU, the 3/3 body is decent.

Pretty excited to try her, though I'm probably missing of lot of LotR lore.

What do you think?

Landale

• Decks
Re: About Galadriel of Lothlórien...
« Respuesta #1 en: Junio 13, 2023, 06:26:15 am »
I'm not sure she'll be the next big thing for Simic, but that's definitely a Simic card right there. She'd probably stand a better chance if she actually did something new for the colors.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: About Galadriel of Lothlórien...
« Respuesta #2 en: Junio 13, 2023, 10:42:35 am »
Did someone say lore?

You are absolutely right, Galadriel of Lothlórien has a lot of lore to unpack. Buckle up, we're going for a ride.

"If you choose a creature other than Galadriel". This is a reference to a significant plot point. When the Fellowship are in Lothlórien, Frodo, feeling out of his depth and recognising Galadriel's power and wisdom, offers her the one ring, thinking she would be a more suitable ring bearer. Being wise and powerful, Galadriel refuses, recognising (much like Gandalf) that even she wouldn't be beyond the rings ability to corrupt, and while she would have the best intentions, through her the ring would have the power to do great evil. Eventually she would succumb to the power of the ring and simply replace Sauron as the big evil.

In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!

She "passes the test" (see her flavour text) and resists the temptation to take the ring. We see this effect on some other cards throughout the set for other characters who resisted the temptation to take the ring for themselves, most notable Gandalf, Friend of the Shire and Faramir, Field Commander.

The scry for Galadriel (and many elves in the set) refers to the Elves gift of foresight that is prevalent for Tolkien elves. It's not something every elf can do, and is often vague and open to interpretation, but for Galadriel it comes in the form of the Mirror of Galadriel. She allows Frodo and Sam to peer in to the Mirror and they see potential futures (most notably, the Scouring of the Shire).

The putting lands in to play is probably a reference to powers supporting and sustaining and repelling evil from Lothlórien, but also more specifically refers to her gift to Samwise. When the Fellowship leave Lothlórien, Galadriel gives each of them a gift. To Samwise, who is a keen gardener, she gave a Mallorn seed and a box of earth (Mallorn being the trees is Lothlórien with the golden leaves. I won't bore you with the history of those or we'd be here all day), which he later uses to replace the Party tree in the Shire after the scouring. It was the only Mallorn tree in Middle Earth outside of Lothlórien and helped restore the Shire to become even more beautiful than it had been before.

I love this set so much.