deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Wizard Bloodline  (Read 452 times)

Meister_Ente

• Decks
Wizard Bloodline
« on: June 21, 2023, 10:28:37 am »
Here is my new deck :)

https://deckstats.net/decks/144015/3090751-wizard-bloodline/de

It's fundamentally based on Bloodline Necromancer, which I was keen to put to good use. Here's what came out:

Organizing: With these cards, I try to get the main strategy cards to the desired place as quickly as possible. Particularly important and strong is Gifts Ungiven: For this I choose Archaeomancer, Bloodline Necromancer, Ravenous Chupacabra and Victimize. No matter which one the opponent discards, the combo cannot be prevented.

Main Strategy: Bloodline Necromancer can spawn any Vampire or Wizard from the Graveyard, mainly to spawn a copy of itself or Archaeomancer. Archaeomancer brings Victimize back into hand. Victimize can revive two creatures, best of which are Bloodline Necromancer and Ravenous Chupacabra. Ravenous Chupacabra can destroy a creature.

Good Stuff:
Butcher of Malakir is a powerful flyer with the ability to force any opponent to sacrifice a creature when one of your creatures dies. This happens quite often because the revive combo allows me to use any creature to block at will. Naban, Dean of Iteration triggers an additional time for each ability that activates when a caster enters the battlefield. Say, Archaeomancer recovers two spells, Bloodline Necromancer recovers two creatures from the graveyard, and so on.

Summary: With the Main Strategy cards you ensure that you always get Victimize in your hand in order to revive Ravenous Chupacabra and as many Bloodline Necromancers as possible, which then revive Archaemancers, which then Victimize brings back into your hand. With enough mana, this can be repeated almost indefinitely.

Lands: Just some cheap Lands cause where playin on a budget. Memorial to Folly is a tool to recover key cards in dire needs.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 10:42:10 am by Meister_Ente »

Whitebeard0o

• Decks
Re: Wizard Bloodline
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 02:36:27 pm »
Hello and gratulation to your new deck.

If I read this correctly, you have a budget-friendly deck with a nice combo in it.

First thoughts
Turn 1 - you can play nothing
Your Deck has no option for ramping mana.
Turn 3-4 are the turns, where your plan starts to grow.
You have only Counterspell to protect your graveyard

Think about 8-12 cheap options for you:
CC1
Cursecatcher (Wizard), Innocent Blood, Duress, Vicious Rumors, Careful Study, Piracy Charm, Despise, Turn Aside, Delver of Secrets !!! (wizard)

CC2
Augur of Skulls (Wizard), Liliana's Triumph, Sheoldred's Edict, Mana Leak (could be faster in the first turns),

Think about Transmute:
Brainspoil for Bloodline Necromancer
Dimir House Guard for  Archaeomancer or  Ravenous Chupacabra

Sideboard
Annul or Feed the Swarm

Card-Alternatives:

Ravenous Chupacabra: Shriekmaw; Gatekeeper of Malakir;

Other budget cards:
Hidden Horror; Unearth; Profane Command; Soul Transfer, Dread Return

Mana-Ramp:
Dark Ritual; Cabal Ritual; Dimir Signet; Everflowing Chalice; Mind Stone; Talisman of Dominance;

Bouncing for Bloodline Necromancer:
Essence Flux + Isochron Scepter
Siren's Ruse or Blur

« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 03:03:26 pm by Whitebeard0o »

Meister_Ente

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 04:07:34 pm »
Hello and gratulation to your new deck.

If I read this correctly, you have a budget-friendly deck with a nice combo in it.

First thoughts
Turn 1 - you can play nothing
Your Deck has no option for ramping mana.
Turn 3-4 are the turns, where your plan starts to grow.
You have only Counterspell to protect your graveyard

Think about 8-12 cheap options for you:
CC1
Cursecatcher (Wizard), Innocent Blood, Duress, Vicious Rumors, Careful Study, Piracy Charm, Despise, Turn Aside, Delver of Secrets !!! (wizard)

CC2
Augur of Skulls (Wizard), Liliana's Triumph, Sheoldred's Edict, Mana Leak (could be faster in the first turns),

Think about Transmute:
Brainspoil for Bloodline Necromancer
Dimir House Guard for  Archaeomancer or  Ravenous Chupacabra

Sideboard
Annul or Feed the Swarm

Card-Alternatives:

Ravenous Chupacabra: Shriekmaw; Gatekeeper of Malakir;

Other budget cards:
Hidden Horror; Unearth; Profane Command; Soul Transfer, Dread Return

Mana-Ramp:
Dark Ritual; Cabal Ritual; Dimir Signet; Everflowing Chalice; Mind Stone; Talisman of Dominance;

Bouncing for Bloodline Necromancer:
Essence Flux + Isochron Scepter
Siren's Ruse or Blur

There are a few things I've been thinking about myself. Mainly curse catcher and flicker stuff. Maybe I'll sit behind it and go through the cards again.

Thanks for the very complex answer :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 07:41:28 pm by Meister_Ente »

Meister_Ente

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 07:42:29 pm »
I've put in some work and I think it is much better know. I've also found a better thing than flicker with Supernatural Stamina. It's more like a toolbox deck now :)

Whitebeard0o

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 08:12:57 pm »
 Supernatural Stamina is an option or Undying Evil or better Malakir Rebirth for flexibility. Vat of Rebirth could be a little bit slow  ???

Meister_Ente

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 11:52:52 am »
Supernatural Stamina is an option or Undying Evil or better Malakir Rebirth for flexibility. Vat of Rebirth could be a little bit slow  ???
I've chosen Supernatural Stamina because of the power boost since most creatures in my deck are rather weak.

I've also try to add Bloodflow Connoissuer and Obsessive Stitcher. They could help with the endgame when Butcher of Malakir is there to finish the duel, but there isn't much space left.
Stitcher might also be nice to put cards in the graveyard in the early game.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 11:56:23 am by Meister_Ente »