deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Golem Tribal - Brenard - Comments  (Letto 95 volte)

Comment Bot

• Visitatore
Golem Tribal - Brenard - Comments
« il: Novembre 27, 2023, 08:52:13 pm »

Nehebkau

• Decks
Re: Golem Tribal - Brenard - Comments
« Risposta #1 il: Novembre 27, 2023, 08:52:13 pm »
OK!

So I noticed, that your mana curve looks fine at first glance, but the mana curve for just your creatures is pretty heavy on the high cost end - That might be the main cause for the deck feeling slow.
In addition, I would lean into one of the strategies present in your deck. I can see either Tribal or Blink. Blink kind of goes against your commander, because it wont work with the generated tokens but its great with the splicers. Tribal would be a good synergy with your commander since it already gives all golems bonuses - you could swing in like a TRUCK.

Im gonna work on recommendations on what to take out and put in next. Maybe give me your preference for strategy :)

Nehebkau

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Novembre 27, 2023, 09:22:30 pm »
Some suggestions for what to put *IN*
Mainly for the tribal Strategy and for reducing the mana curve on your creatures

Gingerbrute (Flavour, Syngery)
Syr Ginger, the Meal Ender (Flavour, Syngery)
Roaming Throne (DOUBLE etb-triggers)
Howling Golem (Janky card draw, might work ok if you chump with it and bring it back
Soultether Golem (I have looked at this guy soo many times and I think this is the only deck where he might be decent)
Glassdust Hulk (Unblockable AND stronger for every token that comes in!)
Precursor Golem (just keep it under control with a sac-outlet)
Bottle Gnomes

...and those were just the Golems I could find, that would be good

Also, I highly recommend cards such as Kindred Discovery, Herald's Horn, Vanquisher's Banner, Icon of Ancestry or Brass Herald in here to round out the tribal package.

Nehebkau

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Dicembre 01, 2023, 07:39:35 pm »
OK 2, electric booglaoo

I've been pondering what you could take out of your deck and essentially it boild down to

1. WINMORE (Cards that are technically good, but you dont need)
In this deck and in my opinion, your top end should be Triplicate Titan and Phyrexian Triniform. Maybe Blightsteel Collossus since it kind of has recursion so you could sacrifice it as often as you can get it out. Maybe more on that later.
So in you place I would take out:
Platinum Emperion (big do-nothing, no payoff for your strat)
Maelstrom Colossus (cool but the very definition of Winmore)
Darksteel Sentinel (Expensive for very little payoff)
Mycosynth Golem (Also cool, buuut...)
Golem Foundry (It only works on CASTing an artifact - the gingerbreadmen wont trigger it. As sad as it is, dont waste a slot on this, its too slow here.)
Splicer's Skill (cool and on theme but not really worth it. Its essentially just a 3/3 vanilla golem)
Leyline of Anticipation (No.)

2. DEFENSE
I understand why you have a lot of defensive things in here - your deck felt slow and you wanted to protect your stuff until it got going. With the changes and suggestions from this and previous comments however, I think you can cut back on it a bit.
Padeem, Consul of Innovation OR Oak Street Innkeeper (I recommend to only keep one)
lose one or two counter spells - Disdaiful stroke? Stifle?

3.Other
Winds of Abandon? Not sure about this one. Exiling automatically makes its so your commander doesnt work if oyu have to use this. Maybe try Organic Extinction

SInce I've already made a suggestion, Ill move on to the last part.

SUGGESTIONS
(cards to put in)

Organic Extinction
Second Harvest
Symmetry Matrix
Eternal Scourge (not a golem, but really cool tech here)

I also realized you definetly need more ways to sacrifice your creatures so you can use your commander!
Stuff like
Ashnod's Altar (!)
Culling Dais
Birthing Pod (expensive :\)
Witch's Oven (on theme ;) )
Pyre of Heroes

Alright! So far so good.
Keep in mind that all these suggestions are based on my immediate knowledge and superficial research. Youre gonna have to do the deep-dive yourself ;)