deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Your Go-To Lands  (Lida 3619 vezes)

anjinsan

• Decks
Re: Your Go-To Lands
« Responder #15 em: Janeiro 27, 2024, 06:59:14 pm »
I have some logic based on the colours. Emeria, the Sky Ruin goes in monowhite, Urborg goes in any black, Cabal Coffers if it's <=2 colours, Flagstones of Trokair in I think 1-4c, War Room in 0-2c, Command Tower in 2+ colours, Exotic Orchard if it's blue or green (and 2+ colours), might add Mardu to that, then all the channel lands in 1-4c. Each deck also gets Ancient Tomb, Demolition Field and Strip Mine. City of Brass and Mana Confluence go in 3+ colour decks. Oh some decks get Myriad Landscape as ramp (that also counts as a land).

Following that I work down the list:
OG duals
Shocklands
Fetchlands (I only put in on-colour by default)
Triomes (not the old tri-lands)
Path of Ancestry in 3+ colours
Painlands in 2 colours (not sure why, actually, should probably swap these with the multiplayer lands)
Multiplayer lands
Basics

I often tweak this based on the deck afterwards, but that gives a pretty solid start I find.

I haven't yet added the new surveil lands. These are like Temples but better... probably not better than painlands as they're still taplands, but I might put them in 2c decks.

Also I need to add Bojuka Bog to that, should be a staple at least in 1-3c.

patyferg12

• Decks
« Responder #16 em: Fevereiro 06, 2024, 12:00:33 am »
It depends on what the deck does. For some i'll use Reliquary Tower, if it's mono color nyxthos, if it has three or more colors then ill use dual lands strictly budget stuff like gates and other random ones that i have, if it's a tribal deck stuff like unclaimed territory cavern of souls stuff like that. But i'm what my friends call a red mage. Hit them fast hit them hard there is a straight line to victory so lets walk it. So most of my decks are red-something and I don't need anything fancy so I actually like to punish people for playing only or mostly nonbasics with burning earth.

Landale

• Decks
« Responder #17 em: Fevereiro 06, 2024, 09:56:58 am »
Generally speaking I'll never go out of my way to include $10+ lands. If I ever luck into them I may include them in decks I play frequently, but they'll never be a go to thing.

Field of Ruin and Demolition Field see pretty regular use from me regardless of the deck, Scavenger Grounds to a lesser extent as well.
Draw heavy decks get Reliquary Tower.
Combat focused decks get Rogue's Passage and Access Tunnel. The new Escape Tunnel is also likely to see some consideration.
Mono colored decks get War Room, they may also get various cycling lands (Barren Moor, Slippery Karst, etc.) or, if I particularly like the deck, Castles (Castle Locthwain, etc.). The colored deserts (Desert of the True, Ramunap Ruins, etc) will also be fairly common in anything running Scavenger Grounds
White and Green get nothing additional in particular outside of things matching the deck's goals.
Blue gets Mystic Sanctuary.
Black gets Bojuka Bog, Mortuary Mire, and Witch's Cottage.
Red tends to get additional draw lands like The Autonomous Furnace and Bonders' Enclave to help get cards without time limited exiling frustration.
Multicolored I tend to go for Temples (Temple of Malice, etc.) or cheaper, often conditionally, untapped duals (Port Town, Llanowar Wastes, Sunken Hollow, etc.). Depending on how much the new surveil lands (Commercial District, etc) get reprinted I may start putting them in like the Temples

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Responder #18 em: Fevereiro 07, 2024, 12:22:32 am »
Depending on how much the new surveil lands (Commercial District, etc) get reprinted I may start putting them in like the Temples

The new surveil lands are definitely better than the scry lands in 90%+ of decks.

I'm hoping these get reprinted into oblivion, just like the scry lands have been.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Landale

• Decks
« Responder #19 em: Fevereiro 07, 2024, 01:02:41 am »
I'm hoping these get reprinted into oblivion, just like the scry lands have been.
The names are super generic so they should be able to fit them in where ever they feel like, on top of just tossing them in every other commander precon from here on out. The trick is just convincing someone at WotC to actually put these in decks over the Temples.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Responder #20 em: Fevereiro 07, 2024, 03:51:38 am »
The trick is just convincing someone at WotC to actually put these in decks over the Temples.

I'm quite ok with surveil lands IN ADDITION to scry lands.   ;)
Happy Brewing!
:)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Responder #21 em: Fevereiro 07, 2024, 03:20:43 pm »
In the midst of going through my collection again!! :) for the 3rd time evaluating the price of my cards. The obvious go to lands for budget of course are Command Tower and Exotic Orchard. I also noticed I have quite a few Reveal lands which are cheap. However I try not to bring in any lands that come in tapped because I do agree having instant access to mana immediately is important. With that said though I do like using bounce lands that agree come in tapped but again I like using budget stuff.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Responder #22 em: Fevereiro 09, 2024, 01:18:26 am »
My go to land cycle is the basic land cycle first introduced in alpha.  I've played plenty of one and two color decks (and one Jund)  that work really well and don't need any non-basic lands.  I even carry 3 or 4 of each basic in my 5 color decks, which comes out to nearly half the mana base.  Obviously, there are better lands, but I've generally been happier to get a basic than a tapped dual at any point of the game.  I prefer to fix my mana through ramp, not through a overcomplicated mana base.  Yes, I run lots of non-basic lands, but, that's generally out of convenience, like "Hey, I've got this nice dual land that matches my new commander's color identity, I guess I'll throw it in."  You could probably manage even a WUBRG deck that ran only basics, if your ramp was on point.  Enough mana rocks and ways to grab the basics you want, and not too many cards that demand a very specific casting cost, and you'll be fine.