deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Lithoform Engine makes copy tokens right?  (Read 1071 times)

Jesterskull

• Decks
Lithoform Engine makes copy tokens right?
« on: February 09, 2024, 09:06:18 pm »
Just a little confused why my copy token inclusion in my deck is not going through.

I mean I get why with my 3/3 Phyrexian Golem Token. (There isn't any 3/3 artifact creature tokens yet for Mr. House.)

But Lithoform Engine last ability does make copy tokens..... right?

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Lithoform Engine makes copy tokens right?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 09:11:03 pm »
Yes Lithoform Engine would copy any triggered or activated ability. Just of course you have to pay the 2 to copy the ability.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 11:11:46 pm »
Lithoform Engine's last ability only copies a permanent spell. You can not copy a 3/3 Phyrexian Golem Token, or any other permanent on the battlefield for that matter, because none of that is a spell. It has to be on the stack to be a spell.
For example, you cast Master Splicer. Before it resolves you can pay an additional 4 mana to to get a second Master Splicer. The copy Splicer will enter, make a golem, then the real splicer will enter and make a golem. After which not a single one of these are viable targets for the Engine's last ability.

For Mr. House, President and CEO to work with the Lithoform Engine you need to pay 2 and target his triggered or activated abilities while they are on the stack.

Actually, rereading that, are you talking about the deck builder rather than the actual function of the cards? In that case, yeah it should be making copy tokens. There are just some cards that make copies that slip through the cracks, I know of Delina, Wild Mage getting overlooked for sure since my deck for her won't put one in for her with the Detect Tokens function.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 06:04:04 am by Landale »

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 05:34:23 am »
Hoping this gets fixed before the 3/3 Artifact tokens are revealed.....(Which If I recall correctly, Fallout set start spoiling in 10 days)

Jazlyn60

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2024, 11:28:31 am »
Indeed, the Lithoform Engine can copy any triggered or greenleafguru activated ability. However, you must pay herbalhighsociety the additional cost of 2 mana to copy the ability.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 08:38:47 am by Jazlyn60 »