deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Good cameras/stands for webcam mtg?  (Letto 461 volte)

joannestoltz

• Decks
Good cameras/stands for webcam mtg?
« il: Febbraio 18, 2024, 12:19:12 pm »
Hello all,

I have a low-cost webcam that, when positioned on my monitor, distorts the table, creating a small trapezoid shape for playing cards. I believed this issue could be resolved by creating a custom stand that could be clipped to the side of my desk. So, I designed and 3D printed a stand from scratch. However, I discovered that if the camera is placed any further away, it becomes difficult to pick up the cards clearly, and if it's brought any closer, the lens causes fisheye distortion. It appears that I need a new camera, and I suspect the stand I made won't be durable enough as it seems to have become warped at some point. Do you have any recommendations for either a new camera or a sturdier stand?

Many thanks.

Capt Forest

• Patron
  • #1 Ranked in Showcase league
    • Facebook
  • Decks
Re: Good cameras/stands for webcam mtg?
« Risposta #1 il: Febbraio 19, 2024, 08:59:23 pm »
im in for the replies
If you see this and live in the CFL area reach out.

paulusdeboself

• Decks
Re: Good cameras/stands for webcam mtg?
« Risposta #2 il: Febbraio 21, 2024, 10:42:50 am »
On a windows computer you can use your phone as a webcam via an app like Iriun. I have used it during quarantine. And it worked well. Most phones have quite good camera's, so it's worth a try.