deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Lady of the Lake - Comments  (Read 122 times)

Comment Bot

Lady of the Lake - Comments
« on: March 13, 2024, 10:41:34 pm »

Gaunter

• Decks
Re: Lady of the Lake - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 10:41:34 pm »
Do you play the deck a lot? How does it hold up against other cedh-decks? Is it fun in a top meta? I also play emry but my list is not as good as yours.

Is it fun at this power level?

crimsonking

• Decks
Re: Lady of the Lake - Comments
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 04:16:15 pm »
Hi mashes94,
Sorry for the delay, but I didn't notice you've also commented on this deck.
Unfortunately, I have to say I haven't played it too much. I just like to build decks, even if I'm not planning to play with many of them.
This one in particular takes a lot from this decklist: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/Ns1U8bi1fEap3ZT7Is5WmA. It has a very well written primer. In fact, it even appears in the cEDH Decklist Database, although among the outdated decks.
In my understanding, Emry is not really competiftive in the actual meta. Being mono-color is already a big handicap and the commander is not a one-card combo like for instance Godo, Bandit Warlord is. It really depends on what you've got in your graveyard: you can win on the spot but also just do a whole lot of nothing.
Moreover, graveyard-based strategies are quite easy to disrupt and, in any case, Urza, Lord High Artificer is ten times better as a mono-blue artifact commander. So I definitely wouldn't recommend Emry for current cEDH metagame.
This said, I do believe Emry is very fun to play: there are a lot of tricky interactions and you're highly rewarded for setting up things, instead of just playing the cards one after the other.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 04:19:17 pm by crimsonking »