deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Kess, Dissident Mage  (Read 215 times)

almagnus1

• Decks
Kess, Dissident Mage
« on: April 21, 2024, 10:16:08 am »
This deck has been around for a while, and after a couple of years out of M:tG, I'm getting back into the swing of things and focusing on improving this deck... trying to keep it strong, but not quite CEDH strong since that'd be too powerful for the local store.

https://deckstats.net/decks/176286/1981901-kess-spellslinger/en

Thoughts?

ERMTD

• Decks
Re: Kess, Dissident Mage
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 10:56:55 am »
I am not a Kess player and I come from a less powered up pod, but I think maybe it would be good to have different variations regarding powerlevel on this one. For the most part, I would tone the counters down to 4-5. If you play high power, then I would look for more tutors instead. One that comes to mind that works really good with Kess (depending on how fast or how much interaction your pod plays) is Oriq Loremage. Also in casual it is better to have less counters. One thing is to protect your gameplan, but usually nobody likes to get their things countered, so if you play that high number, you will likely paint a target on your back without having any defensive support (creature tokens like with Murmuring Mystic) or stax pieces like Propaganda to give you a little bit of breathing room. Hope that helps :)