deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Red Blue Feed the Chimera  (Read 586 times)

Rozetta

• Decks
[Standard] Red Blue Feed the Chimera
« on: February 21, 2015, 03:36:43 am »
Red Blue Feed the Chimera

I've been playing Magic for about a year now. I bought the Red Blue event deck a while back, and really liked the mechanics of it. I am trying to rebuild it in a current standard format, and I think I found some good tricks for keeping it fresh.

- Artisan of Forms can be a Spellheart Chimera on my turn, and a Wall of Frost on my opponents turn, and a Triton Fortune Hunter early game when I'm trying to draw more cards
- Coordinated Assault and Triton Tactics both allow me to draw two cards if played on two Triton Fortune Hunters, or draw one card while buffing a Spellheart Chimera
- Blinding Flare prevents blockers and I can target Fortune Hunters simultaneously for draw
- Crowd's Favor can be played by tapping a Chimera, and then Triton Tactics can untap it
- Spite of Mogis and Fall of the Hammer should keep the opposing side of the field pretty clear, focusing on creatures with flying to clear a path for Chimeras

Sideboard:
- I've played this deck against a white blue control deck multiple times, and Negate cards are very useful against counters and problematic enchantments
- If death touch/strong creatures are a problem, Hydrosurge prevents being touched or receiving too much damage for low cost
- Peel from Reality is good for when a Chimera is being removed, or a creature has been buffed with enchantments or +1/+1 counters on the opponent's field, and must be removed
- Divination and Master the Way are "maybe" cards for the deck. The former is good if I need more draw, the latter is good if I have too much of it. I'll play test the deck, and see what works best.

So, what does the community think? Keep in mind I'm quite the novice, but I think magic is fairly easy to learn in standard format, keeping the mechanical complexity at a fairly low level. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks for taking the time.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:02:50 am by Rozetta »

KJSharp

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Red Blue Feed the Chimera
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:17:11 am »
drop the walls of frost for Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest.  I think your deck will be better if it's on the aggressive end.  Giving a 7/3 Chimera double-strike seems quite good to me.

soulsilver2012

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Red Blue Feed the Chimera
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 09:14:13 pm »
Monastery Swiftspear and Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest are more aggressive threats that you could play. I wouldn't play the artisan of forms, because it's too unreliable.