deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Feedback on Gorgon deck!  (Read 691 times)

Vagabond66

• Decks
Feedback on Gorgon deck!
« on: August 19, 2013, 12:27:59 am »
I'm a new player and recently made a Gorgon themed deck for the hell of it. Let me know what you guys think!

http://deckstats.net/decks/6351/27575-gorgantuan-please-comment-

Tosamu

• Decks
Re: Feedback on Gorgon deck!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:02:21 pm »
I would replace Gaze of the Gorgon with Golgari Charm. The destroying creatures part of Gaze doesn't matter when everything other than Vulturous Zombie has deathtouch all ready, and the charm covers the regeneration and gives you more options.

If you are running deathtouch creatures that aren't Gorgons, Vampire Nighthawk is a lot better than Daggerback Basilisk.

Also, consider running effects that force your opponent to block your creatures. Lure is the most basic version of this, but I also really like Tempting Licid. Something like Revenge of the Hunted also works.

Finally, the package of Liquimetal Coating and Glissa's Scorn doesn't do nearly enough in this deck.

Vagabond66

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:12:52 am »
Thanks for the advise! I was actually considering putting Lure in, but I really like Tempting Licid and Revenge of the Hunted!

Quick question, if I use Golgari Charm on say a Vampire Nighthawk that's paired with either Tempting Licid or RotH and attack a creature that's stronger than it using Deathtouch, will my Nighthawk survive?

Vagabond66

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:15:15 am »
Sorry, Nighthawk was a bad example since you can't block creatures with flying. Say an Ambush Viper instead.