deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: City Blessing  (Gelesen 612 mal)

entropize

• Decks
City Blessing
« am: Juni 02, 2019, 01:04:02 Vormittag »
I am guessing but once a player obtains city blessing they won't lose it. For example say you have tendershoot dryad on the field with the required 5 lands to summon it plus 4 creatures for a grand total of 10 permanents. During your opponent's turn they kill the four creatures, but tendershoot dryad survives. When it is your turn do you get the plant token at 3/3 even though in this situation you have a total of 7 permanents. Before someone points out that the token is a 3/3 due to dryad ability, I know. I assume that you still retain the city blessing since most of the cards say for the rest of the game you have city blessing if not all.

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
Re: City Blessing
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 02, 2019, 02:16:21 Vormittag »
Once you have it, you have it!

No need to worry about going below 10 permanents. It's basically treated in the same sense as an emblem - it cannot be interacted with or removed.

*edit*
To be more direct, yes you would create a 3/3 on your turn after your critters got toasted.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

entropize

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 02, 2019, 02:49:44 Vormittag »
Glad to hear. I was worried a while. I can just imagine the fun if you got two or three of those token generators out. Three 3/3 tokens every turn. Thanks for the info.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 02, 2019, 02:58:20 Vormittag »
You can never lose the city's blessing once it's recieved.  Lol I payed attention to a little lore but whomever it was. They were looking for the city and once found it was never forgotten where the city was/is. So once you get the blessing you never forget where the city is and always have the city's blessing.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Antwort #4 am: Juni 02, 2019, 05:15:34 Vormittag »
Yup. On the reminder text it says once you have it, you have it for the entire game.

I remember looking up the rulling for ixidron and tokens. I was curious how to do it, since you cant really flip a token face down. I usually use dice for my tokens. How do I put them face down?

Oh how helpful reading the card would've been.

Have fun!!
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

entropize

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: Juni 02, 2019, 06:17:56 Nachmittag »
Funny, that card makes me wonder if ajani's welcome would trigger on the creatures turned tokens due to ixidron, doubt it since they are already in play. I made a mistake once thinking that tokens don't enter the grave thinking that they are coins or not real creatures. Found out that they do for a second. I almost asked if instants and sorcery would count for the city blessing, but a few seconds on google gave me my answer. Some of these unusual mechanics leave me scratching my head. I know city blessing isn't really new, but I have never used it.
« Letzte Änderung: Juni 02, 2019, 06:21:49 Nachmittag von entropize »

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
« Antwort #6 am: Juni 02, 2019, 06:45:05 Nachmittag »
With Ixidron it is simply flipping the creatures face down. They are, unfortunately for the scenario you outlined, not re-entering the battlefield for Ajani's Welcome to care about them.

Which I can understand the confusion, as someone making you manifest a card would trigger Ajani's Welcome.

Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.