deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: London Mulligan starting with M20 release  (Letto 1471 volte)

Loggiu

• Decks
Re: London Mulligan starting with M20 release
« Risposta #15 il: Giugno 05, 2019, 11:18:19 pm »
playing mtg it's probably funnier with standard mulligan...this is a rule for tournament to give more chance to the stronger decks and that's right!! ::)

More fun or funnier?

I've translated.....funnier....it's on every translator it's right

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Risposta #16 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 05:34:40 am »
playing mtg it's probably funnier with standard mulligan...this is a rule for tournament to give more chance to the stronger decks and that's right!! ::)

More fun or funnier?

I've translated.....funnier....it's on every translator it's right

Funnier= HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

More fun=Enjoyment. Fair Game.

I feel like you meant more fun. I don't know too much about Itilian, but language translation can cause tons of problems. Latin has 15 different words for death. English has death, kill, murder, maybe a few others, but not close to 15. Any of these words can be translated to any of the those Latin words, so it's entirely possible MORE FUN is not a thing in Itilian, and so the translators say funnier.

Edit: So I used google translate real quick. It isn't the best translator, but it isn't the worst either. I would be hard pressed to find a translator that translates like google translate. You can translate each word individually on most translators, but translating a sentence and using the right grammar structure, word endings (like er, ing, es, ies for english words, other languages have similar rules) is very difficult and usually something the reader has to do his/herself, but google translate does a decent job of that.

Okay sorry for the digression.

Più divertimento=More fun

Più divertente- Funnier

As you can see (even to the untrained eye) they are very similar, and I am by no means a trained eye.
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 06, 2019, 05:39:13 am da Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Loggiu

• Decks
« Risposta #17 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 05:46:22 am »
and it's funnier....not more fun...più divertente... transalte: giocare a magic è più divertente con i mulligan normali!

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Risposta #18 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 06:27:11 am »
I used google translate.

As you can see, google translate is contradicting what I stated earlier.

Citazione
Più divertimento=More fun

Più divertente- Funnier

I would like to point out I got this info from google translate so it's contradicting itself.
But in my screenshot it is translating Più divertente as more fun instead of funnier.

Bottom line is I believe Loggiu mean't more fun.
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 06, 2019, 06:29:41 am da Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Loggiu

• Decks
« Risposta #19 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 06:44:25 am »
sorry but at school more than something ends -er...more fun it's like a cavemen it's più divertimento...i find more corect funnier i can't tell giocare a magic è più divertimento con mulligan standard...sorry

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Risposta #20 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 06:48:30 am »
I'm all kinds of confused now...but to get us back on topic...

I think my playgroup is gonna try this out this weekend and see if we pick up anything on it that could be problematic for us if the RC goes to this for EDH.
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Risposta #21 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 07:32:10 am »
sorry but at school more than something ends -er...more fun it's like a cavemen it's più divertimento...i find more corect funnier i can't tell giocare a magic è più divertimento con mulligan standard...sorry

Okay I see the confusion. There are three forms of the adjective. There is the regular form, the comparative and the supperlative.

For the comparative, the form you are using, you usually add er to the end. But you are adding er to the word funny meaking it funnier. In the case of fun, you say more fun.

Who thought I'd be giving English lessons while getting a physics degree?
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Loggiu

• Decks
« Risposta #22 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 07:37:53 am »

Okay I see the confusion. There are three forms of the adjective. There is the regular form, the comparative and the supperlative.

For the comparative, the form you are using, you usually add er to the end. But you are adding er to the word funny meaking it funnier. In the case of fun, you say more fun.

thanks...who think like me that in casual play it's more fun the normal mulligan and on the contrary in tournament this rule is better??

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Risposta #23 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 07:47:51 am »

thanks...who think like me that in casual play it's more fun the normal mulligan and on the contrary in tournament this rule is better??

I think in casual, sometimes free mulligans can be the best. I mean its not fun if you're playing with someone that has 4 cards and grudgingly kept that hand because its better than 3 cards, or if you are that person. It isn't like you're playing for money or packs or anything, but if you allow a lot of free mulligans, and a combo deck continuously wins, perhaps you should start enforcing the mulligan rules?
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Risposta #24 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 07:51:15 am »
I'm all kinds of confused now...

Of course its no surprise sliver boy here is confused. Language isn't as linear as slivers. Too complexicated for you.

There is a scene in Avengers: Endgame where they are talking about space and antman has never been to space, so he was surprised and confused, and rocket said, "Aww it's like a little puppy all happy. Do you wanna go to space little puppy?" to Quill. That's what this reminds me of.

Love you Wwolfe! (In a non sexual or creepy kind of way)

Edit: I should not have said that.

make sex with him...c'mon have sex...i was waiting for you on the other post...
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 06, 2019, 09:52:08 am da Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Loggiu

• Decks
« Risposta #25 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 07:57:33 am »
in casual i prefer the normal mulligan cause if one of the two deck it's stronger the game result more balanced by the aleatory factor...and it's more easy to win for a new player, in tournament i prefer the strongest deck win instead.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Risposta #26 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 02:20:09 pm »
One point I've not seen mentioned anywhere ... In multi-player, is the first mulligan still "free"?
Happy Brewing!
:)

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #27 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 02:24:12 pm »
I'm all kinds of confused now...but to get us back on topic...

I think my playgroup is gonna try this out this weekend and see if we pick up anything on it that could be problematic for us if the RC goes to this for EDH.

The RC already has.. yes we get a free mull still
Nils is the God I worship

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Risposta #28 il: Giugno 06, 2019, 03:48:40 pm »
Yea, I see it now it Twitter. Weird that they announce it there but not on their own site...
This space for rent.