deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Gifted youth  (Read 392 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Gifted youth
« on: June 19, 2016, 07:36:06 am »
  Looking at both Geralf and Gisa I see that they are almost two halves of the same coin. This is so much so that I even ended up making two separate decks for them that use the same colors. I'm not sure which one I want to stick to the most or if I'll just end up mashing them together. What do you guys and gals think?

Geralf 
http://deckstats.net/decks/24826/463210-back-to-the-lab-again

or

Gisa
http://deckstats.net/decks/24826/513776-corpses-in-the-water

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Gifted youth
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 05:48:40 pm »
I would almost be combining these decks. Prized Amalgam works with 3 other cards you have. Relentless Dead, Ghoulsteed, and Stitchwing Skaab. Ghoulsteed and Stitchwing Skaab require you to discard. So that works well with Geralf's Masterpiece. Now what cards be ok to discard? Ghoulcaller's Accomplice, Sanitarium Skeleton, Gisa's Bidding, From Under the Floorboards, and Murderous Compulsion, and Broken Concentration.

Now are we aiming with the tokens? With what I have surmized is you should. 2 cards I mention put out tokens. Lets put some more on the field with Gisa's Bidding, Drunau Corpse Trawler, and Rise from the Tides.
Not shabby for a small recursion army.

Use Ever After to get 2 creatures and bring back Prized Amalgam as well thus making it 3. At least play Brain in a Jar. With all that madness going on, will make casting cheaper.

I combined both those cards but the rest is up to you.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 05:58:50 pm »
  Thanks robort, I appreciate the help. IT's tough to make a solid deck when you have so much of everything that does the same stuff.

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
Re: Corpses in the water - Comments
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 12:40:13 am »
Zombie decks from this set are going to be so awesome. The cards have so much synergy with one another it becomes really difficult to pick your strategy!

I agree with robort about the Stitchwing Skaab, I run it in my zombie deck and it's very effective. It's nice to have a variety of flyers to give your opponents more to worry about with blocking. I also think you're going to need more discard triggers to get your madness cost for Gisa's Bidding and the others with madness. I also think he might be a good replacement for Rottenheart Ghoul, but that's personal preference. Compelling Deterrence is also a good card that you suggested to me once. 

I personally like Diregraf Colossus very well. He is awesome to bring back from the graveyard after you've filled it with lots of zombies. He also generates tokens for you which fits into your theme! All in all a great deck that's going to be fun to play!
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 05:49:59 am »
  Thanks Skeri. I like the rottenheart ghoul because when he dies I can make myself discard. HE has a solid body and is a good madness trigger. The compelling deterrence is something I'll definitely use in the Geralf deck. Diregraf colossus I have so many copies now that I could put some in both decks.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 07:04:54 pm »
Hey G.Moto! They are both definitely cool decks and I see what you mean about it being hard to narrow down where there's so much of the same thing.
Looks like everyone has offered up good advice thus far and I only really have one idea to add. It's a bit fringe but it might work. If you go with a heavy discard strategy, Asylum Visitor could really put the deck over the top. You can cast it through discard effects via madness, and if you're discarding a lot, you should get triggers and extra card advantage (ie: more stuff to discard and keep the engine chugging). I know she isn't a zombie, but she might give you enough of that missing piece you're looking for to really bring the deck together.

Good luck!
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 07:34:37 am »
 I'll keep that in mind. Add some multiples of creeping dread and sanitarium skeleton to discard to the grave. This way I can play my deck FROM my graveyard as if it's another hand. The asylum visitor I was planning on putting in my U/B deck called "No knocks needed" (you can check that one out) but the idea I'll definitely add to my decks. Maybe even adding more catalog to the deck and using compelling deterrence on myself can get some madness triggers going and even save my creatures from kill spells.