deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [Casual] Casual Mono Black Zombie  (Letto 379 volte)

ItzHaay

• Decks
[Casual] Casual Mono Black Zombie
« il: Agosto 10, 2016, 11:02:02 pm »
Casual Mono Black Zombie

Main Goal: Keep the field full of zombies, when they die, bring them back.

Looking for some feedback, the deck is a little too big for what i like, if you could give suggestions on what to cut, that would be greatly appreciated

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: [Casual] Casual Mono Black Zombie
« Risposta #1 il: Agosto 11, 2016, 06:21:36 pm »
Hi! Cool zombie deck. It definitely has the flavor down, and with a quick look, we should be able to get the card count closer to 60 (which is right about where you want to be with 22 land anyway). It seems like the way the deck wins is through swarming tokens via From Under The Floorboards, Dark Salvation, Noosegrasp Mob, and Graf Harvest. If we keep that in mind, it should make it easier to cut other things. Looks like we need as many as 17 cuts. Lets step through the cards and see what we come up with.

The Hovermyr, Silumgar Monument, and Cobbled Wings can all go. They aren't bad, but not being zombies hurts a lot of the synergy we're going go. Since the only way we have to activate the Monumnt is the two Unknown Shores, it seems unlikely it's effect will ever come into play. The wings are a tougher call, but since all our creatures are smaller, giving one the ability to fly doesn't really help. If we had only a handful of creature who all hit really hard, then maybe the extra evasion would be good.

Wailing Ghoul is okay if we're going deep into self mill, but Crow Of Dark Tidings just does the same thing better, and a 1/3 isn't really the kind of body we want to be beating down with. We can cut these.

Sibsig Icebreakers is interesting. 3 for a 2/3 isn't bad, but even with all our graveyard recursion, ditching our own cards is enough of a downside to let this guy go.

Servant of Tymaret is great in multi-player games, but for 1v1, it's effect just isn't big enough and the regenerate cost is too high, we can cut it.

Sidisi's Pet is just okay, but we're already gaining life off From Under The Floorboards, and a sneaky 1/4 isn't really going to get us there.

Walking Corpse is the definition of an okay card. 2 for a 2/2 with a good creature type, he's basically just another zombie token, but it doesn't seem worthwhile to fill the deck with cards that make 1 token when we have cards that makes lots of tokens. Lets cut him.

Rottenheart Ghoul is better than the Icebreaker, but even so, 4 for 2/4 just isn't a lot of power, and the high toughness means it won't die easily, making its effect dead more often than we'd like.  We can cut it.

Shambling Ghoul has a lot of the same problems as Walking Corpse. 2 for a 2/3 is slightly better value, but coing in tapped and being unable to block right away is a pretty big downside. Lets cut him.

Empty the Pits is interesting and really forces a choice. We have all this graveyard recursion, and 2 different delve cards (this and Shambling Attendants) which directly go against all that recursion. Having one of the other is fine, but both can be risky as it can strip all the guys we want back out of our graveyard. Shambling Attendants feels like the better payoff (since Empty the Pits just costs so much mana) and since we needs lots of cuts, we can cut this.

I don't see this deck ever having a huge hand of cards so Spellbook seems unnecessary. We can cut it.

Death Denied and March of the Returned seem worse than either Cemetery Recruitment or Ghoulcaller's Chant, we so can cut them to increase our chances of getting our best spells.

Now, that should be 15 cuts, bringing the deck to 62 cards. the last two should probably be off the high end of the mana curve. I'd probably cut some combination of Noosegraf Mob and From Under the Floorboards (prob 2 mob or one of each). This would bring the curve back down quite a bit. After these cuts, I hope you'll find the deck more consistent and more powerful!

I hope you find this helpful! Good luck and Happy Hunting :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

ItzHaay

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Agosto 11, 2016, 08:11:57 pm »
Thank you for the detailed response, this is exactly what i am looking for :D i agree with most  of the cuts except some of the flying, simply because the one problem i consistently run into with this deck are flying creatures, and having no way to defend, which is why i tried to put in some low cost artifacts to help block other flying creatures. if you have any other suggestions for helping with this, id be willing to hear them.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Agosto 11, 2016, 08:47:00 pm »
Thank you for the detailed response, this is exactly what i am looking for :D i agree with most  of the cuts except some of the flying, simply because the one problem i consistently run into with this deck are flying creatures, and having no way to defend, which is why i tried to put in some low cost artifacts to help block other flying creatures. if you have any other suggestions for helping with this, id be willing to hear them.

Glad I could Help! Crow Of Dark Tidings does a lot of the things this deck wants to do and is a zombie to boot, so maybe more copies of him to keep zombie count up and have some flying?
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Nickadimoose

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Agosto 11, 2016, 09:19:58 pm »
I'm greatly surprised to not see either Relentless Dead (a truly fantastic zombie card) or Diregraf Colossus in this deck! They are both the main reason why my original zombies deck worked and now I think of them as rather integral components in making a zombie theme viable. Relentless Dead works as a 2/2 for 2, menace and an extremely cheap return effect, not to mention it's second ability of paying X to gather the converted mana cost creature from your graveyard not to your hand, but to the field. That's some value! On top of that, if you have the open mana you can always pull him back from the graveyard and just play both abilities at the same time, as long as you have the mana this guy is exactly as Relentless as the card hopes.

Diregraf Colossus is pure beauty, not because of the first ability (which is still kind of nice) but for the fact that most of the zombie cards are pretty cheap to cast, so generating a 2/2 token is just simple and easy. A 3 for 2/2 is kind of lame but with Crow of the Dark Tidings throwing zombies left and right into the graveyard, the chances of him being a 3/3 for 3, or even a 4/4 for 3 goes up, and you generate more zombies every-time you cast a zombie oriented spell! To quoth the Raven about the chance of you running out of zombies? Nevermore.

retic

• Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Agosto 12, 2016, 05:05:22 am »
love this deck :)

Had a deck similar to this once.

Do you intend to keep it within a format (modern/standard) or you won't mind old cards (legacy)?

And how's your ability to increase your card pool?

Assuming we're on a budget, here's my feedback so far

• agreed on cutting down deck size to 60
  • maybe more 1 drops? (see appendix below)
  • considered shepherd of rot? (see appendix below)

Here's a list i cooked up (assuming you're okay with OLD cards)

20 swamp
2 haunted fengraf

4 ghoulcaller's chant
2 from under the floorboards
2 dark salvation
2 graf harvest
4 geth's verdict

4 carnophage
4 diregraf ghoul
4 gempalm polluter
4 highborn ghoul
4 shepherd of rot