deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] [RIX] Preliminary Vampire Tribal  (Read 858 times)

BlueMage

• Decks
[Standard] [RIX] Preliminary Vampire Tribal
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:29:12 am »
[RIX] Preliminary Vampire Tribal

Make a lot of big vampires and win?

BlueMage

• Decks
Re: [Standard] [RIX] Preliminary Vampire Tribal
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 04:33:09 am »
It might be better to make a more aggressive build with lower CMCs.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:09:18 am »
 I think that it goes without saying that vampires are one of my favorite types, so I would do my up-most best to aid you in your endeavor. Now the dilemma with any great army is that numbers are not the only factor that wins wars. Making the tokens, considering the new mechanic, will be the simple part. Now that you are able to produce your army you must command them well. Aggro, Mid-ranged, Control. Fundamentally those are the three basic deck types that one can strive towards making. So the important question is this, do you
               A) Make an aggressive vampiric army? 
               B) Create a token producing deck that utilizes combat tricks and spells in order to out maneuver your enemy? or
               C) Control your enemy through the use of your sheer numbers and board presence and spells that directly hinder your opponent?
    These are not your only options towards building a deck but these three basic ideas should at least give you an idea as to some of the ways that you can utilize your vampiric forces.

BlueMage

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 01:18:24 am »
I'm not so sure Vampires will have the cards to make it. I was optimistic because of the 2 mana lord, but think other tribes might be better.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 06:38:04 am »
 The bishop of rebirth, bloodcrazed paladin, bishop's soldier, inspiring cleric, and even skymarch bloodletter would be adequate choices to build around. As long as you have the spells (instant/Sorcery) to aid you in your combat moments with larger creatures then you should be alright. I believe that honestly if you choose the mid-ranged approach then you should be alright as far as setting up a board presence.

melodicraven

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 09:00:08 pm »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 08:59:34 am »
 @melodicraven, that was a good choice and gave me a great idea; Yahenni, Undying Partisan sacs inspiring cleric. Bishop of rebirth moves to combat and swings. The bishop resurrects the inspiring cleric. Life gain engine. Or you can do the same thing with the skymarch bloodletter and simply keep applying damage. Vampires in standard can give you a run for your money.

preperito

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 01:40:07 am »
I think the dinos will be difficult to stop if you go to medium or long. And the Melforks are faster and harder to block. Even so I also like vampires so I will try to help but I think that an agro list would be recommended.
I would try to use tokens and take advantage of the two vamps mentioned by Melodicraven. Although I'm not sure it can be solid enough

BlueMage

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 04:44:53 am »
As advised, going to give a more aggro build a shot. Kind of went nuts here trying to be low to the ground.

Revision 5
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:32:41 am by BlueMage »